You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.Amy Carmichael
Failure describes a situation which has failed to meet an expected outcome.
- It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.
- J. K. Rowling, 2008 Harvard commencement speech
- Failure is not an option.
- Gene Kranz, Flight Director NASA, During the Apollo 13 Crisis
- In the lexicon of youth, which fate reserves For a bright manhood, there is no such word As – fail.
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu, II.ii
- Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping.
- Julius and Augustus Hare, Guesses at Truth, I
- I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest.
- John Keats, Letter to J. A. Hessey, 9th October 1818
- If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure.
- No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better
- Failure is all part of success
- This organization does not tolerate failure.
- Failure plus failure plus failure equals success. You only fail when you quit.
- Jack Hyles
- Unattributed derivatives: "Failure equals success." and "Failure = Success"
- If we do not succeed we run the risk of failure.
- Dan Quayle, Vice President of the United States.
- If you do not try you cannot fail.
- There is no failure except in no longer trying.
- You never know where bottom is until you plumb for it.
- Failure is merely a service station on the road to success!
- [Anon] BC
- Failure is not Final.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool about it.
- How far high failure overleaps the bounds of low success.
- When a man blames others for his failures, it's a good idea to credit others with his succeses.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Variant: Failure to plan is planning to fail.
- Variant: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
- Failure teaches you how not to do things.
- If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
- I was never afraid of failure....failure just made me try harder next time round.
- Failure is not an option unless you make it so.
- If at first you don't succeed, you fail.
- Trying can accomplish anything, even complete failure.
- Failures are the stepping stones to success.
- Failure to try is trying to fail.