It is worse than a crime: it is a mistake.Joseph Fouche
First Blood is 1982 movie starring Sylvester Stallone as John J. Rambo
- Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. And I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. Can't put it out of my mind.
- They drew first blood, not me... They drew first blood.
- I could've killed them all. I could've killed you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it, I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go...
- After getting the drop on Sheriff Teasle in the forest.
- If you're sending 200 men up there, don't forget one thing...A good supply of body-bags!!
- God didn't make Rambo. I made him.
- I didn't come here to save Rambo from you, I came to save you from Rambo.
- Trautman: You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, Johnny. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over, Johnny. It's over!
- Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me "baby killer" and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Huh? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!
- Trautman: It was a bad time for everyone, Johnny. It's all in the past now.
- Rambo: For you! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing!
- Trautman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.
- Rambo: Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job pumping Gas!
- Sheriff Will Teasle: (To Trautman, angrily) Colonel, you're here because you want to know why one of your machines blew a gasket!
- Col. Samuel Trautman: You..don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in Guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best! With Guns , with Knives, with his bare hands! With a man who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a Billy Goat puke! In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel...to kill, period! Win by attrition... well Rambo was THE BEST!