An idea is worth nothing if it has no champion.Source Unknown
Quotes regarding association football, called also Soccer.
- If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later.
- "Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."
- Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them.
- As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.
- Football, bloody hell!
- Alex Ferguson after winning the 1999 European Cup
- Too many players were trying to score or create a goal.
- You can't say my team aren't winners. They've proved that by finishing fourth, third and second in the last three years.
- That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on.
- John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
- Tell the Kraut to get his ass up front. We don't pay a million for a guy to hang around in defence.
- NY Cosmos executive, on Beckenbauer's positioning.
- If they hadn't scored, we would've won.
- I'm a firm believer that if the other side scores first you have to score twice to win.
- Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales.
- We're going to start the game at nil-nil and go out and try to get some goals.
- Today's top players only want to play in London or for Manchester United. That's what happened when I tried to sign Alan Shearer and he went to Blackburn.
- I was a young lad when I was growing up.
- Our goalkeeper didn't have a save to make in 90 minutes, and yet he still ended up conceding four goals.
- A lot of hard work went into this defeat.
- Hartson's got more previous than Jack the Ripper.
- I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones.
- Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LC QF, 1992.
- In a year's time, he's a year older.
- Eighteen months ago they (Sweden) were arguably one of the best three teams in Europe, and that would include Germany, Holland, Russia and anybody else if you like.
- If in winning we only draw we would be fine.
- We probably got on better with the likes of Holland, Belgium, Norway and Sweden, some of whom are not even European.
- It's a game we've got to win. It's also a game we've not got to lose.
- We are really quite lucky this year because Christmas falls on Christmas Day.
- The one thing I didn't expect is the way we didn't play.
- Winning all the time is not necessarily good for the team.
- The mere fact that he's injured stops him getting injured again, if you know what I mean
- When a player gets to 30, so does his body.
- I dreamt of playing for a club like Manchester United, and now here I am at Liverpool.
- I was alone up front, with Danny Murphy playing between me, myself and the midfield.
- I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.
- Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.
- Gary Lineker after losing the 1990's World Cup semifinal to Germany by penalty shootout.
- Steven Gerrard was awesome today. We were just laughing in the dressing room that at one stage we thought he was heading his own crosses in.
- Gareth Southgate on Gerrard.
- To me, soccer is hockey on a Valium overdose.
- Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN