Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch.David A. Schmaltz
Force is the capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power to a person, place or thing.
- Force is not a remedy.
- In a speech by John Bright
- The wish to hurt, the momentary intoxication with pain, is the loophole through which the pervert climbs into the minds of ordinary men.
- The use of force alone is but temporary. It may subdue for a moment; but it does not remove the necessity of subduing again; and a nation is not governed, which is perpetually to be conquered.
- La raison du plus fort est toujours la meilleure.
- Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
- A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit upon it.
- Let there be no violence in religion.
- Chapter 2 of the Koran
- There is little to choose morally between beating up a man physically and beating him up meantally.
- There is a homely old adage which runs, 'Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.'
- In a speech given by Theodore Roosevelt
- Where force is necessary, one should make use of it boldly, resolutely, and right to the end. But it is as well to know the limitations of force; to know where to combine force with manoeuvre, assualt with conciliation.
- Vencer no es convencer.
- Translation: To conquer is not to convince
- In a speech given by Miguel de Unamuno
- Whenever you employ a force of any sort, to carry a point of real importance, reject all nice calculations of economy. Better to be a thousand per cent over the mark, than the smallest fraction of a unit under it.
- The Room in the Dragon Volant, from the book In a Glass Darkly by Sheridan Le Faun