The best things in life are never rationed. Friendship, loyalty, and love. They do not require coupons.George T. Hewitt
(Redirected from Fortune)
Luck is a chance happening, or that which happens beyond a person's control. Luck can be good or bad.
- Luck can only get you so far.
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
- Seneca, Roman dramatist
- Fortes fortuna adiuvat
- Latin proverb Fortune favors the brave.
- It is a madness to make fortune the mistress of events, because in herself she is nothing, but is ruled by prudence.
- "The prudent man really frames his own fortunes for himself."
- Let fortune do her worst, whatever she makes us lose, so long as she never makes us lose our honesty and our independence.
- Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
- Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
- The bad fortune of the good turns their faces up to heaven; and the good fortune of the bad bows their heads down to the earth.
- Fortune favors the bold.
- The less we deserve good fortune, the more we hope for it.
- Luck is the residue of design
- Shallow men believe in luck, believe in circumstances. Real men believe in cause and effect.
- Men live at the mercy of forces they cannot control. Belief in fortune and luck, good and evil, is one of the most widespread and persistent of human beliefs.
- Luck be a lady tonight.
- Guys and Dolls, as song of Sky Masterson
- The harder I work, the luckier I get.
- I don't need luck, sarge. I was born lucky!
- Pvt. Reiben in Saving Private Ryan
- Do you feel lucky, punk?!
- It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart.
- King Charles in Pippin
- Luck favors the prepared, darling.
- Edna Mode in The Incredibles
- It's better to be lucky, than it is to be dead.
- Luck...protects fools, small children and ships named Enterprise.