Frances Hodgson Burnett
Frances Hodgson Burnett (24 November 1849 - 29 October 1924) was an English–American playwright and author. She is best known for her children's stories, including The Secret Garden , A Little Princess, and Little Lord Fauntleroy.
See also: The Secret Garden (1993 film)
The Secret Garden (1909)
- You and me are a good bit alike. We're neither of us good lookin', and we're both as sour as we look.
- And this, my lovely child, is your garden.
- You can't marry this Archibald. He's a gloomy, miserable cripple that hides himself away in that horrible house. You've said it yourself, you can't believe you love him and neither can I!
- Free eBook of The Secret Garden at Project Gutenberg
- The Secret Garden (1911) at The Internet Archive
- The Secret Garden audiobook at Librivox
- [http://site.girlebooks.com/xs.php?page=ebooks_detail&siteid=223&lang=en&table=user_girlebooks&idx=0&iddetail=81 The Secret Garden in PDF, PDB and LIT formats