Fritz the Cat (film)
Fritz the Cat is a 1972 animated film about a hypocritical swinging college student cat who raises hell in a satiric vision of various elements of the 1960's. The film was the first animated feature film to receive an X rating in the United States.
- My soul is tormented! I've been up and down the four corners of this big old world! I've seen it all! I've done it all! I've fought many a good man, and laid many a good woman! I've had riches and fame and adventure...I've tasted life to the fullest, and still my heart cries out, yes, cries out in this hungry, tortured, wrecked quest: 'More!'
- Hey, hey, hey, Look at this big fucking gun! [shoots the toilet] I killed the john! I killed the john!
- Mother of God, I'm a fucking fugitive!
- [yelling at various cops as they chase after him] We shall overcome!
- Narrator: Hey, yeah - the 1960s? Happy times, Heavy times.
- Winston#1: Why does a great actor like James Earl Jones always have to play black men?
- Crow: [effeminate] I ain't no jive ass black nigger, honey. Who do you think I am? Geraldine?
- Aardvark: Ever make it with an aardvark? It's a rare opportunity, you know. We're scarce.
- Pig Cop #1: Now, you have the deeper voice so on three, you yell "Open the fucking door". Now, say the word "fucking" because you got--that makes you sound tough.
- Pig Cop #1: [in a Synagogue] You're not supposed to dance, Ralph, 'cause you're not Jewish!
- Duke: You think being a crow is a big motherfucking ball? All you cats the same, man! You don't know where it is, and you don't have somebody to tell you where it is. You have to be where it is to find out what's happening!
- Ralph: [attempting to keep a group of crows from tearing him and the other pig cop to pieces] Would you like to see a picture of my kids?
- Lizard: I'm gonna ride that horse!
- Fritz: I know about the race problem - I've studied the race problem!
- Duke: You don't know nothing about the race problem! You've got to be a crow to know about the race problem!
- Fritz: [pointing at the pigs] There's the one who keeps the bosses in power! He's the one who's holding you down!
- Pig Cop #1: Who, me?
- Ralph (Pig Cop #2): You!
- Pig Cop #1: No, no, not me, YOU!
- Ralph (Pig Cop #2): Not me, YOU!
- Pig Cop #1: Fuck you!
- Ralph (Pig Cop #2): You first!
- [the car breaks down; and Fritz gets out to inspect it - he opens the trunk first]
- Fritz: No, I knew that - the engine's not here, it's in the back...
- [goes to look at the engine]
- Winston Schwartz: What's wrong, Fritz?
- Fritz: Well, it's all very complicated Winston, ah, I think it's got the piston rod stuck in the drive shaft... either that or the carburator's rusted out... or something.
- Fritz: You're a motherfucking bitch!
- Winston: I see the hard facts of life! I am realistic, something you're incapable of! You'd be better off with one of those stupid little morons like Charlene who you could just sleep with and throw away when you're done! You can't cope with a mature woman!
- Harriet: Hi.
- Fritz: How are you?
- Harriet: High.
- He's X-Rated and Animated!
- We're not rated X for nothin', baby!
- SEE! The man eat crow! SEE! The Air Force bomb the ghetto! SEE! Fritz bite off more than he can chew! SEE! Hundreds of dirty animals!
- Skip Hinnant - Fritz the Cat (voice)
- Rosetta LeNoire - (voice)
- John McCurry - (voice)
- Phil Seuling - (voice)
- Judy Engles - (voice) (uncredited)