Ideas won't work unless you do.Source Unknown
- "In George Bush you get experience and with me you get -- The Future!" --Dan Quayle (LA Times 10/19/88)
- "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (Meditations)
- "Take hold of the future or the future will take hold of you - be futurewise." -- Patrick Dixon - Futurist and author Futurewise 1998/2005
- "For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be." --Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "I've seen the future, brother; it is murder." --Leonard Cohen (The Future)
- "To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -- Macbeth" by William Shakespeare
- "People ask me to predict the future, when all I want to do is prevent it. Better yet, build it. Predicting the future is much too easy, anyway. You look at the people around you, the street you stand on, the visible air you breathe, and predict more of the same. To hell with more. I want better." ~ Ray Bradbury (Beyond 1984: The People Machines)
- "The future is not what is coming at us, but what we are headed for" -- Jean-Marie Guyau (Le Genèse de l'idée du temps), translation by Astragale (Le futur n'est pas ce qui vient vers nous, mais ce vers quoi nous allons).
- "We cannot predict the future, but we can invent it." --Dandridge M. Cole 
- "The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet."
- "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
- "The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"-Bill Watterson [Calvin and Hobbes]
- "The future will be better tomorrow." --Dan Quayle
- "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." --Dan Quayle
- "The vast possibilities of our great future wil become realities only if we make ourselves responsible for that future." --Gifford Pinchot
- "It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance." --Andrei Linde
- "If you don't think about the future, you cannot have one." --John Galsworthy
- "The future belongs to those who prepare for it today." --Malcolm X
- "Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future." --Charles F. Kettering
- "It's hard to make predictions - especially about the future." --Robert Storm Petersen
- "Run to meet the future or it's going to run you down." --Anthony J. D'Angelo
- "You can never plan the future by the past." --Edmund Burke
- "Telling the future by looking at the past assumes that conditions remain constant. This is like driving a car by looking in the rearview mirror." --Herb Brody
- "The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create." --Leonard I. Sweet
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." --Eleanor Roosevelt
- "The roots of history delve into the future." -- Leonid S. Sukhorukov
- "One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us." --Michael Cibenko
- "Most of our future lies ahead." --Denny Crum
- "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." --John Wayne
- "Man has a limited biological capacity for change. When this capacity is overwhelmed, the capacity is in future shock." --Alvin Toffler
- "The future will soon be a thing of the past." ~ George Carlin
- "The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." -- Nikola Tesla
- "It don't matter as long as you get where you're goin, cause none of this shit is gonna mean shit where we're goin." -- Eminem
- "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." --Henry Ford
- "The future always arrives too fast... and in the wrong order." --Alvin Toffler, futurologist and writer
- "If you can dream - and not make dreams your master." --Rudyard Kipling
- "Some might be able to tell the future, but that doesn't mean there are any certainties" - Michael Wilson
- "Communism – the dark past and present time of some stupid humankind."
- "Once you have glimpsed the world as it might be, it is impossible to live anymore complacent in the world as it is."
- "Those who stare at the past have their backs turned to the future."
- "Thou knowest the past but not the future. As to what is future, even a bird with a long neck can not see it, but God only."
- “The future is for those whose future it is.”
- "We need to reflect on the past to evaluate the present in order to predict the future of mankind" --Jason Diggs-White
Some more (unsorted)
Some are on innovation
- "A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future." --Sidney J. Harris
- "An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: What does happen is that the opponents gradually die out." --Max Planck
- "As the births of living creatures, at first, are ill-shapen: so are all Innovations, which are the births of time." --Francis Bacon
- "Even for the physicist the description in plain language will be a criterion of the degree of understanding that has been reached." --Werner Karl Heisenberg
- "Foresight is the art of following footprints which have not yet been left." --Leonid S. Sukhorukov
- "I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing." --Thomas Edison
- "I'm looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done." --Henry Ford
- "If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible he is almost certainly right, but if he says that it is impossible he is very probably wrong." --Arthur C. Clarke
- "Keep on the lookout for novel ideas that others have used successfully.
Your idea has to be original only in its adaptation to the problem you're working on." --Thomas Edison
- "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Roman Emperor (121 - 180 A.D.)
- "The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." --Winston Churchill
- "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read or write; they will be those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler
- "Too often we forget that genius, too, depends upon the data within its reach, that even Archimedes could not have devised Edison's inventions." -- Ernest Dimnet
- "You can only predict things after they have happened." -- Eugene Ionesco
- "We are prisoners of our own metaphors, metaphorically speaking..."-- R. Buckminster Fuller
- "We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future." --Max Planck
- "We must beware of needless innovation, especially when guided by logic." --Winston Churchill
- Future Studies & Future Conflict Studies, Quotations. Retrieved on 2008-02-18.