He who is not impatient is not in love.Italian Proverb
- Come on, let's be realistic.... No one will ever touch Elvis.
- After being compared to Elvis Presley
- Every time I sing this song, it teaches me the same lesson... happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
- On the song Unanswered Prayers
- I don't talk very well, but hopefully in my music we can get something across.
- I truly believe if country music had the accessibility pop and rock has been granted it would be the biggest musical format on the planet.
- I want to thank the good Lord, because He's done a heck of a lot for me.
- If you do it for the money you won't last very long, because money is the opposite of music.
- No matter where in the world we go, from the countries it was released as a single to the countries that it wasn't, it doesn't seem to matter, people just know that opening, no doubt about it, 'Friends in Low Places' is the most recognised Garth Brooks song.
- Sometimes you just can't be afraid to wear a different hat. If Columbus had complied, this whole world might still be flat.
- There have been hundreds of people before me in this seat who will never be up here again and that's because the people were through with them, so I hope I can see it coming, so I can either retire gracefuly and go out with some kind of class, I'll be faced with that decision to either do that or either hang in for one more album and see what happens.
- Well I hope I was, 'cause if there's something else I'm meant to be doing I'm missing the boat.
- After being asked if he felt he was "born to sing and entertain people."