Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Teach only love for that is what you are.A Course In Miracles
(Redirected from Gentleman Prefer Blondes)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is an American movie issued in 1953, and in public domain because of copyright not renewed.
- Lorelei Lee: Excuse me, but what is the way to Europe, France?
- Dorothy Shaw: Honey, France is IN Europe.
- Lorelei Lee: Well who said it wasn't?
- Dorothy Shaw: Well... you wouldn't say you wanted to go to North America, Mexico.
- Lorelei Lee: If that's where I wanted to go, I would.
- Dorothy Shaw: [Dorothy is admiring some athletes]
- Gus Esmond: Dorothy Shaw, you're supposed to be the chaperone on the trip!
- Dorothy Shaw: Now let's get one thing straight, Gus: The chaperone's job is to make sure nobody else has any fun. But nobody chaperone's the chaperone. That's why I'm so right for this job.
- Dorothy Shaw: Honey, did it ever occur to you that some people just don't care about money?
- Lorelei Lee: Please, we're talking serious here.
- Dorothy Shaw: I've been wondering, what's your line, Mr. Malone?
- Ernie Malone: My line? My most effective one is to tell a girl she has hair like a tortured midnight, lips like a red couch in an ivory palace that I'm lonely and starved for affection. Then, I generally burst into tears. It seldom works.
- [Lorelei is stuck going through the porthole]
- Henry Spofford III: All right. I'll help you. I'll help you for two reasons.
- Lorelei Lee: Never mind the reasons. Just help me.
- Henry Spofford III: The first reason is I'm too young to be sent to jail. The second reason is you got a lot of animal magnetism.
- Lady Beekman: You'll find I mean business!
- Dorothy Shaw: Oh, really? Then why are you wearing that hat?
- Esmond Sr.: Have you got the nerve to tell me you don't want to marry my son for his money?
- Lorelei Lee: It's true.
- Esmond Sr.: Then what do you want to marry him for?
- Lorelei Lee: I want to marry him for YOUR money.
- Lorelei Lee: Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?
- Mr. Esmond Sr.: Say, they told me you were stupid! You certainly don't seem stupid to me!
- Lorelei Lee: I can be smart if I need to, but most men don't like it.
- Dorothy Shaw: Remember, honey, on your wedding day it's All right to say "yes."
- Mr. Esmond Sr.: Are you out of your mind?
- Ernie Malone: Mm-hmm, but I like it that way.
- Lorelei Lee: I want you to find happiness and stop having fun.
- Lorelei Lee: There was an old man named Sidney... Who drank till he ruined a kidney. It shrivelled and shrank, but he drank and he drank... He had his fun doing it, didn't he?