The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.Thomas Carlyle
Geoffrey Boycott (born October 21, 1940) is a former England cricketer.
- [After witnessing a dropped catch] I reckon my mum could have caught that in her pinny.
- [After Kevin Pietersen hit a huge sweep shot, said with an air of utter confidence] That's out. [The ball then travelled well into the stands] Er, out of the ground that is!
- [After Ashish Nehra went down slowly to field a ball versus England in the 2003 World Cup] He went down in installments there.
- [After Pakistani wicket-keeperKamran Akmal dropped England batsman Paul Collingwood] He could have caught that between the cheeks of his backside.
- My gran could do better with a stick of rhubarb!
- [On an LBW shout in the 2005 ashes] It's missing leg, missing off and knocking middle out halfway up. You've got to give that out. A blind man would give that out.
- There's more brains in a pork pie than you. (To Tony Greig)
- It's always cricket first. (the accent makes it more memorable)