Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- You can add Thomond Park to Fatima, Knock and Lourdes. The lame will come here and walk, they'll be selling water here, because this defies logic.
- It's in Mrs Beeton's cookery book — recipe, chicken soup. First catch your chicken. This team has not caught their chicken since this championship started ; today that chicken has come home to roost. That's why they're in the manure they're in.
- A journalist in politics is like a eunuch in a brothel ... they see what's to be done, they know how to do it, but when the time comes they just can't do it.
- That is just horse manure!
- Minister, you are on top of your brief.
- On the occasion of the Rose of Tralee show, which was covered by w:RTE and which George would have liked the presenter's gig;
- I would give my manhood to do ... [the Rose of Tralee].