George Nathaniel Curzon
It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
George Nathaniel Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston (11 January 1859 – 20 March 1925) was a British politican, Viceroy of India and Foreign Secretary.
- We must remember that the ways of Orientals are not our ways, nor their thoughts our thoughts. Often when we think them backward and stupid, they think us meddlesome and absurd. The loom of time moves slowly with them, and they care not for high pressure and the roaring of the wheels. Our system may be good for us; but it is neither equally, not altogether good for them. Satan found it better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven; and the normal Asiatic would sooner be misgoverned by Asiatics than well governed by Europeans.
- (of Persia)..one of the pieces on a chessboard upon which is being played out a game for the domination of the world.
- What is the good in talking about equality of the sexes? The fist wiz of the bullet, the first boom of the cannon and where is the equality of the sexes then?
- My name is George Nathaniel Curzon
- I am a most superior person.
- My cheek is pink, my hair is sleek
- I dine at Blenheim once a week.