Be aware that young people have to be able to make their own mistakes and that times change.Gina Shapira
- "A woman, a dog and a walnut tree, the more you beat them, the better they be."
- "Acting is like roller-skating. Once you know how to do it, it is neither stimulating nor exciting."
- "I am not one of those people who would rather act than eat. Quite the reverse. My own desire as a boy was to retire. That ambition has never changed."
- "I don't ask questions. I just take their money and use it for things that really interest me."
- "I was beastly but never coarse. A high-class sort of heel."
- "I never really thought I'd make the grade. And let's face it, I haven't."
- "The important thing for a star is to have an interesting face. He doesn't have to move it very much. Editing and camerawork can always produce the desired illusion that a performance is being given."
- (when asked if there was a part left he'd like to play) "Well, no one has asked me to play God. I suppose that's what I would like."
- "I am always rude to people. I am not a sweet person. I am a disagreeable person. I am a hateful person."
- Dear World, I am leaving because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. Good luck.