George Washington Carver
I'm not impressed with the power of a corporate president. I am impressed with the power of ideas.Ken Mason
- Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.
- Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.
- God is going to reveal to us things He never revealed before if we put our hands in His.
- How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
- I didn't make these discoveries ... God has only worked through me to reveal to His children some of His wonderful providence.
- I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.
- I never have to grope for methods. The method is revealed at the moment I am inspired to create something new... Without God to draw aside the curtain I would be helpless.
- If I know the answer you can have it for the price of a postage stamp. The Lord charges nothing for knowledge and I will charge you the same.
- Inspiration is never at variance with information; in fact, the more information one has, the greater will be the inspiration.
- It is not the style of clothes one wears, neither the kind of automobile one drives, nor the amount of money one has in the bank, that counts. These mean nothing. It is simply service that measures success.
- Learn to do common things uncommonly well; we must always keep in mind that anything that helps fill the dinner pail is valuable.
- Look about you. Take hold of the things that are here. Let them talk to you. You learn to talk to them.
- May God ever bless, keep, guide, and continue to prosper you in your uplifting work for humanity, be it great or small, is my daily prayer. And may those whom he has redeemed learn to walk with Him not only daily or hourly, but momently through the things he has created.
- My Prayers seem to be more of an attitude than anything else. I indulge in very little lip service, but ask the Great Creator silently daily, and often many times per day to permit me to speak to him through the three great Kingdoms of the world, which he has created, viz. — the Animal, Mineral, and Vegetable Kingdoms; their relations to each other, to us, our relations to them and the Great God who made all of us. I ask him daily and often momently to give me wisdom, understanding and bodily strength to do His will, hence I am asking and receiving all the time.
- Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
- Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.
- One reason I never patent my products is that if I did it would take so much time, I would get nothing else done. But mainly I don't want my discoveries to benefit specific favored persons.
- Our creator is the same and never changes despite the names given Him by people here and in all parts of the world. Even if we gave Him no name at all, He would still be there, within us, waiting to give us good on this earth.
- Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.
- Since new developments are the products of a creative mind, we must therefore stimulate and encourage that type of mind in every way possible.
- There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation — veneer isn't worth anything.
- To receive something a man has never had before he has to do something he has never done before.
- We have become ninety-nine percent money mad. The method of living at home modestly and within our income, laying a little by systematically for the proverbial rainy day which is due to come, can almost be listed among the lost arts.
- When I was young, I said to God, god, tell me the mystery of the universe. But God answered, that knowledge is for me alone. So I said, god, tell me the mystery of the peanut. Then God said, well, George, that's more nearly your size.
- When our thoughts — which bring actions — are filled with hate against anyone, Negro or white, we are in a living hell. That is as real as hell will ever be.
- When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.
- Where there is no vision, there is no hope.
- Why, then, should we who believe in Christ be so surprised at what God can do with a willing man in a laboratory?