Glengarry Glen Ross (film)
There's a hope for every woe, and a balm for every pain, but the first joys of our heart come never back again!Robert Gilfillan
- All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheated on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, then be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me. You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?
- Your name is "You're Wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' faggots?
- A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.
- We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? [Holds up prize] Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.
- Dave Moss: You're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you're coming down here to waste your time with a bunch of bums?
- Blake: You see this watch? You see this watch?
- Dave Moss: Yeah.
- Blake: That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?
- Blake: You got leads. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can't close the leads you're given, you can't close shit, you are shit, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going out.
- Shelley Levene: The leads are weak.
- Blake: "The leads are weak." The fucking leads are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years...
- Dave Moss: What's your name?
- Blake: Fuck you. That's my name.
- Dave Moss: [laughs]
- Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight; I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name.
- George Aaronow: When I talk to the police I get nervous.
- Ricky Roma: Yes. You know who doesn't?
- George Aaronow: Who?
- Ricky Roma: Thieves. Always tell the truth, George; it's the easiest thing to remember.
- John Williamson: The leads are coming!
- Shelley Levene: Get 'em to me!
- John Williamson: I talked to Mitch and Murray an hour ago. They're coming in, you understand. They're a bit upset about this morning's...
- Shelley Levene: Did you tell 'em about my sale?
- John Williamson: How could I tell them about your sale? I don't even have a teleph - I'll tell them about your sale when they bring in the leads, all right? Shelley, all right? You closed a deal. Fine. You made a good sale, fine.
- Shelley Levene: It's better than a good sale. It's...
- John Williamson: Look, I have a lot on my mind right now. They're coming in, all right? They're very upset, I'm trying to make some sense...
- Shelley Levene: I'm telling you - the one thing you can tell them is that it's a remarkable sale.
- John Williamson: The only thing 'remarkable' about it is who you made it to.
- Shelley Levene: What the FUCK does that mean?
- John Williamson: That if the sale sticks, it'll be a miracle.
- Shelley Levene: What does that mean? Why would it not... Oh, fuck you. You do not know your job. That's what I'm saying. You do not know your job. That's what I'm saying. A man IS his job and you are fucked at yours.
- A Story For Everyone Who Works For A Living.
- Lie. Cheat. Steal. All In A Day's Work.
- Al Pacino - Ricky Roma
- Jack Lemmon - Shelley Levene
- Ed Harris - Dave Moss
- Alan Arkin - George Aaronow
- Kevin Spacey - John Williamson
- Alec Baldwin - Blake