Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
(Redirected from Goldfinger)
- A martini. Shaken, not stirred.
- Note: ranked #90 in the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 movie quotations in American cinema.
- Man has climbed Mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. He has fired rockets at the Moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime!
- Choose your next witticism carefully, Mr Bond — it may be your last.
- Mr Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."
- Viewers should note...this line is generally cut from British showings of Goldfinger on advice from British security services, as it is one of their own training maxims.
- M: Gold? All over?
- Bond: She died of skin suffocation. It's been known to happen to cabaret dancers. It's all right as long as you leave a small bare patch at the base of the spine to allow the skin to breathe.
- M: Someone obviously didn't.
- Bond: And I know who.
- Q: Now this one I'm particularly keen about. You see the gear lever here? Now, if you take the top off, you will find a little red button. Whatever you do, don't touch it.
- Bond: Yeah, why not?
- Q: Because you'll release this section of the roof, and engage and then fire the passenger ejector seat. Whish!
- Bond: Ejector seat? You're joking!
- Q: I never joke about my work, 007.
- [Goldfinger shows off his industrial laser by having it slowly track toward Bond, lying prone and lashed to slab of gold.]
- Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
- Goldfinger: [looks back, laughing] No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!
- [After his laser encounter, Bond awakens to find a woman staring at him.]
- Bond: Who are you?
- Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore.
- [Bond looks away, and smiles.]
- Bond: I must be dreaming.
- Bond: And Pussy?
- Felix: She helped us switch the gas in the canisters. By the way, what made her call Washington?
- Bond: I must have appealed to her maternal instincts.
- James Bond is back in action! Everything he touches turns to excitement!
- Miss Honey and Miss Galore Have James Bond Back For More!
- Mixing business and girls! Mixing thrills and girls! Mixing danger and girls!
- Sean Connery — James Bond
- Honor Blackman — Pussy Galore
- Gert Fröbe — Auric Goldfinger
- Cec Linder — Felix Leiter
- Desmond Llewelyn — Q
- Shirley Bassey — "Goldfinger" singer