- Don't ask me to change, Pa. Because I can't.
- (attempting to sing) Twinkle twinkle little (grating squawking) STAAAR!
- (to Mrs. Astrakhan) I'm being spontan-you-us.
- Ladies, please avert your eyes... because I've been known to hypnotize. You've heard the voice. Now you're about to meet the one-and-only Lovelace in the flesh, right here, right on, right now.
- There is a POWER that makes me STAND upon this TOWER!
- ENOUGH! You bring this stranger before me?! He doubts my powers! He compares me to a skua! The voices are shrieking inside my head - they're sayin' "Lovelace! Who is this fool?! Tell him! Tell him to go f- (slight pause) forth and multiply!"
- I will retire now to my couch of perpetual indulgence. OK ladies, who's first?
- (yelling at a pair of orcas that tried to eat him) ENOUGH! Tis a bad day fo' you! You dealin' with LOVELACE now, and my man Mumble here! BEGONE, demon fish-a! Adios-a. Andiamo-hah. That's right! Boo-hoo; you high-tail it back to yo mamas. Don't make me come in the watah! I'll come after your sons and daughtahs! (fast: "I'm gonna give you the bad eye"; breaks into gibberish.)
- Testify to that... Right on...
- (How tall do you think that tall boy was?) Who can say? Taller than anyone.
- HEY! It's me, Lovelace; formerly known as Guru! I'm gonna be tellin' your story, Happy Feet! Long after you dead and gone!
- Kiss my frozen tushie! Kiss it, kiss it!
- (mocking the retreating leopard seal) He's leaving. OH NO, THAT WAS HIS FACE!
- (after hearing Mumble sing) Yeah, I once heard an animal do that, but then they rolled him over, he was dead.
- I know size may be daunting, but do not be afraid... I love you. I LOVE YOU!
- (afraid to jump off a cliff) I can do this, I can do this... I can trick myself! (pointing to the sky on the edge of the cliff) Boy, look at that! What? (falls and shrieks)
- How are we gonna tell his mama he bring us all this way just to kill himself?
- I like big tails and I can't deny!
- Wait a second. I hear people wanting something... (everyone leans in to listen) ME!
- (repeated line) Let me tell something to ju.... ["Ju" is "You"]
- We got personality with a capital "Y". Why? Because we're hot!
- (to the penguins after they banish Mumble) We sing the heart of our true friend, Mumble! You are a nation of teeny-weeny, pibbling, pickolini, piddily-diddily POOF!
- (after coming up with an idea) Okay, lets take a moment for myself: bow down, bow down. Okay, stop. I feel the love.
- (mocking leopard seal) He's coming! We better move in half an hour!
Noah the Elder
- Raise your voices, brothers! Give praise to the Great 'Guin, who put songs in our hearts and fish in our bellies!
- (to the colony who were dancing) It is this kind of backsliding that has brought the scarcity upon us!
- So it follows. Dissent leads to division and division leads us to doom! You, Mumble Happyfeet, must go!
- Raise your voices, brothers! Cry out in defiance of this jiggity-joggity! For when all others leave ... WE REMAIN!
- (pecking Mumble's egg) Is it empty? Can I have it?
- Come back here, Mr. Mumble!
- (after Mumble drives her away) Ugh! You stubborn, hippity-hoppity fool!
- A penguin without a heart song is hardly a penguin at all!
- If anyone can Mrs. Astrakhan can.
- I wouldn't do that around folks, son. It just ain't penguin.
- If we are devout, sincere in our praise, the fish will return.
- Boys! Give a chick a chance.
- Don't you take one step, sweetheart. You have as much right to be here as any of these daffy old fools.
- [to Mumble] The flipper boids - that's you - eat the fish. The flying boids - that's me - eat the flipper boids and the fish. And lately, there ain't a lot of fish.
- [telling Mumble about how he got the yellow tag on his leg] I got two words for you, kid: Alien abduction.
- (after Mumble fails at his singing lessons)
- Mumble: Hey, y'know what? I can leave school! I can go to work! The three of us...
- Memphis:: Whoa whoa whoa, little fella. You ain't going nowhere until you've got yourself an education. Get them singing muscles big and strong. You got that?
- Mumble: I'll try, pa.
- Memphis: You bet you will. The word "triumph" starts with "try" and it ends with -
- Mumble: "Umph"!
- Memphis: That's right - a great big "umph"!
- Leopard Seal: (to Mumble) Come here, sausage. I take you with ketchup.
- Ramon: But first you need to catch up!
- Leopard Seal: Remember, dumplings, I know where you live...
- Raul: It's called LAND, lard-face!
- Nestor: Rub round any time, blubber-butt!
- Mumble: (to the leopard seal) See you, fatty!
- (The Amigos pause and look at Mumble for a moment)
- Raul: That's cool! "See you, fatty!"
- (The Amigos laugh)
- Ramon: Chica chica, boom! (the four other Amigos join in with a hip thrust action.) Boom, boom, boom, boom!
- Mumble: You're not interested in chicas?
- Ramon: You kidding?! Without us, the chicas got no BOOM!
- Lovelace: Hear me! There's not enough love in the world. Turn to the penguin next to you, put your flippers up, fluff him up a little bit and give him a great big hug!
- Raul: (to Ramon) What you huggin' me for?!
- Ramon: He told me to.
- Raul: Get away!
- Ramon: No, you like it...
- Nestor: Get off him, Ramon.
- Ramon: You've just got to do exactly what I say!
- Mumble: Okay.
- Ramon: Did I say "okay"?
- Mumble: No.
- Ramon: What did I say?
- Mumble: Do exactly what you say.
- Ramon: EXACTLY... what I say!
- (after Mumble drives Gloria away)
- Nestor: Amigo, that is a good thing you do.
- Ramon: She is going to be so much better off without you. She is going to find a good steady guy to comfort her...
- (Raul attempts to slap him, but misses)
- Ramon: ... and love her up real good and raise a big family, then she gone let herself go...
- Rinaldo: Ramon. RAMON! He's hurting. He's hurting bad.
- Lombardo: Why would Lovelace help?
- Raul: He not like you at all.
- Mumble: I'll just appeal to his better nature.
- Nestor: How you gonna do that?
- Raul: Cruel and unusual punishment?
- Lombardo: Unimaginable torture?
- Ramon: Imaginable torture?
- Rinaldo: Your singing?
- Ramon, Nestor, Raul and Lombardo: NO!!!
- Rinaldo: (imitates Mumble's singing) Can anybody find me someone to love!
- Lombardo: Ohhh... you breaking the ice!
- Ramon: Avalanche!
- Mumble: Excuse me. What is this place?
- Penguin: (in a HAL 9000-like voice) You're in Heaven, Dave - Penguin Heaven.
- Mumble: Is it anywhere near Emperor Land?
- Penguin: It's wherever you want it to be. Try the water, Dave. It's really real.
- (Mumble eventually succumbs to madness in the zoo and "sees" and hears his family and friends on a wall)
- Norma Jean: So you found the fish, baby.
- Mumble: (turns to look at the wall) Ma?
- Norma Jean: Hi, sweetie.
- Mumble: Ma!
- Ramon: Fluffy! No matter what they say or do, we never stop believing in you.
- Other Amigo: So, you'll be back soon?
- Norma Jean: Hey, c'mon! Let him eat.
- Gloria: Go ahead, Dave. Don't mind us.
- Mumble: But there's plenty for everyone!
- Norma Jean: It's OK, sugar. We can wait.
- (the vision begins to melt and fade)
- Mumble: No, no! Ma! Ma! Th-there's, th-there's lots here! There's enough for everyone! MA!
- (Mumble tries to throw a fish to his mother. It hits the wall and falls off, but he keeps trying desperately.)
- Noah: You lead [the aliens] here? You turned them on your own kind?!
- Gloria: Wait a second. You just said there's no such thing as aliens.
- Noah: ... Well, there's not. But if there were, only a traitorous fool would bring them here!
- Mumble: But they have to come! They're the ones taking our fish. They can do something about it.
- Noah: None but the Great 'Guin hath the power to give and take away!
- Mumble: But the Great 'Guin didn't put things out of whack, the aliens did!
- Noah: A fool returns this day to mock our suffering! We are starving and he wants us to hippity-hop! So! Do we hold fast to our ways? Or do we bend to the fetid fantasies of a dancing fool?!
(Mumble pretends to sing in an attempt to woo Gloria, but in reality, Ramon is standing behind him singing while he mimes)
- Ramon: (singing, revealed by Gloria pushing Mumble aside) MYYYYY WAAAAAAAY!
- Gloria: (disgusted)
- Ramon: (notices Gloria) Hello. I know, size can be, daunting. But don't be afraid--I love you.
- Gloria: Mumble, how could you?
- Mumble: (tries to reason with Gloria)
- Ramon: I LOVE YOU! I like big tails and I can't deny--
- Mumble: (in the background as Gloria walks off, still disgusted) STOP IT!
Check it out… (repeats x3)
Yo soy Raúl, pingüino mas cool
Latino por supuesto 100% español
My brothers, ¿Qué?
Loco me llaman, una senorita me enciende como flama
La fiesta, baila, baila muchachita, mi corazon tiene dinamita
¡Exacto! You're so beatiful to me, baby! ¿Dejame ser tu papi pingüino?
- Warning: May Cause Toe-Tapping.
- Everybody Dance Now!
- What's Your Heartsong?
- Elijah Wood - Mumble
- Brittany Murphy - Gloria
- Tom Kenny - Matthew
- Hugh Jackman - Memphis
- Nicole Kidman - Norma Jean
- Hugo Weaving - Noah the Elder
- Robin Williams - Ramón/Lovelace
- Johnny Sanchez III - Lombardo
- Carlos Alazraqui - Néstor
- Lombardo Boyar - Raul
- Jeff Garcia - Rinaldo
- Steve Irwin - Trev
- Nicholas McKay - Nev
- Tiriel Mora - Kev
- Richard Carter - Barry
- Fat Joe - Seymour
- Magda Szubanski - Miss Viola
- Miriam Margolyes - Mrs. Astrakhan
- E.G. Daily - Baby Mumble
- Alyssa Shafer - Baby Gloria
- Cesar Flores - Baby Seymour
- Dee Bradley Baker - Maurice
- Chrissie Hynde - Michelle
- Roger Rose - Leopard Seal
- Michelle Arthur - Adélie Chica
- Denise Blasor - Adélie Chica
- Loren Giselle - Adélie Chica
- Anthony LaPaglia - Boss Skua
- Michael Cornacchia - Frankie
- Mark Klastorin - Vinnie
- Peter Caroll - Elder
- Larry Moss - Elder
- Lee Perry - Elder
- Alan Shearman - Elder