Herbert Farjeon (1887-1941) was the brother of Eleanor Farjeon. He was the drama critic of the Sunday Pictorial, Daily Herald, Vogue and other journals. He was also the author and director of several revues.
- Not content with discoursing on supermen, the author presents them in the flesh - or whatever it is they are made of.
- Review of Karel Capek's play R.U.R. - Rossum's Universal Robots; Daily Express, 17 January 1923
Herbert Farjeon's Cricket Bag
- A batsman given to run-stealing need not open his mouth to gain the reputation of a wit.
- I would like a bat with the words WHAT A ROTTEN WICKET-KEEPER stamped in large letters on the back of it.
- A gentleman is a man who never hurts anybody else unintentionally.