Happiness consumes itself like a flame. It cannot burn for ever, it must go out, and the presentiment of its end destroys it at its very peak.J. August Strindberg
- We are not in any competition with al-Qaeda. True, there are two points of view here—they have their way and we have ours. We dealt Israel a first defeat in 2000 and a second in 2006. We have our interests and our country. They can go ahead and disagree with us.
- Hassan Nasrallah, "Nasrallah: We have remains of soldiers killed in Second Lebanon War", YNet News, 01.03.08.
- Hezbollah will never accept the existence of Israel.
- "If you want to call Hezbollah a terrorist organization, then you must call Israel a terrorist organization."
- For if Iran remains exalted, we too shall be exalted. I am a lowly soldier of the Imam Khamenei. Hizbullah youths acted on behalf of the Imam Khomeini, with the aid of Imam Hussein, and sent their blessings to the Iranian people.
- Remarks by Shaykh Hassan Nasrallah on the anniversary of the Second Lebanon War; "Iran censors Nasrallah to protect Lebanese sensibilities", YNetNews, 08.18.07. URL accessed on 2007-08-19.
Resistance & terrorism
- Some area Arabs and Muslims consider Hezbollah and Hamas resistance fighters, not terrorists, though groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations recognize the terrorist designations and urge Muslims not to support the groups.