The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.William Lyon Phelps
- "Ek hygg þat hégóma at trúa á goð."
- Translation: "I think it is folly to have faith in gods." - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- "Mörgum mundi betr þykkja skjótr dauði en slíkar hrakningar, en mér mun fara sem mörgum öðrum, at lífit mun ek kjósa, ef kostr er." - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- Translation: "Many would prefer a quick death to such misfortune but I will do as many others and choose life if it is an option."
- "Eigi mun ek flýja undan þeim mönnum, er ek hefi ekki til miska gört." - Eyvindr Bjarnason
- Translation: "I will not run away from men to whom I have done no harm."
- "Því verðr engi uppreist yðar ungra manna, at yðr vex allt í augu." - Þorbjörn
- Translation: "The reason you young men don't get anywhere is that everything seems like such a big deal to you."