Iron Jawed Angels
People who never achieve happiness are the ones who complain whenever they're awake, and whenever they're asleep, they are thinking about what to complain about tomorrow.Adam Zimbler
- "We're legitimate citizens. We're taxed without representation. We're not allowed to serve on juries so we're not tried by our peers. It's unconscionable, not to mention unconstitutional. We don't make the laws but we have to obey them like children."
- "You ask me to explain myself. I'm just wondering, what needs to be explained? It should be very clear. Look into your own heart—I swear to you, mine is no different. You want a place in trade and profession where you can earn your bread; so do I. You want the means of self-expression; so do I. You want to satisfy your own personal ambitions; so do I. You want a voice in the government in which you live; so do I. So what is there to explain?"
- To pay the fine would be admitting guilt. We haven't broken a law. Not one dollar!
- Alice Paul: I'm not a man.
- Inez Mulholland: Ever wish you were?
- Alice Paul: Once, when I saw my brother peeing his name in the snow.