There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
- For other uses, see Islamic laws.
Sharia is the core of Islamic laws.
- Islamic law protects human life. While we condemn the killing of any Muslim and of any believer, whether Muslim or not, we also condemn manifestations of aggression against the peaceful and innocent, anywhere in the world....Allah forbade any man from striking fear in another man's heart, from killing another man, and from oppressing another man.
- Palestine is an Arab and Islamic land, and nobody is allowed to forsake any part of Palestine. Any agreement or negotiations that grant the Jews any rights in Palestine are null and void from the perspective of Islamic law. Our religion does not accept such an agreement, and nor do our national interest or the interest of humanity.
- The noble Islamic law deals with all issues. One of the most important issues is protecting women's honor - indeed, defending families, and protecting societies and generations from the flames of vice, from the removal of the veil, from the volcanoes of debauchery, from the storms of evil, from the armies of harlotry, from the voracity of pleasure, and from bestial libertinism. The most dangerous weapon which the enemy has raised against us - with which he tore to pieces our established order, and with which he soiled our spiritual and social purity - is the terrible deluge of all manner of vice, which is considered a form of moral terrorism against the values, ideals, and virtues of the Islamic nation. (This war is waged) by means of the licentious satellite channels and the vile spider webs of the Internet, whose gloom fills the sky with darkness and spreads its stench in all directions, and by means of those hidden computer discs, which are the cauldron of sin, consumed by the old, young, and inexperienced.
- [T]errorists themselves repeatedly and consistently explain and justify their actions by reference to the teachings of Islam – particularly to the imperative, deeply embedded within the Islamic tradition, to subjugate all non-Islamic polities under the rule of Islamic Sharia law.
- We must know that [wife] beating is a punishment in Islamic religious law....Islam is a religion that forbids beating the face even of beasts. It is forbidden to beat even a donkey on its face....[The Koran says:] "and beat them." This verse is of a wondrous nature.
- Friday Sermon on Qatar TV: With Some Women, Life is Impossible Unless You Carry a Rod. MEMRI (August 2004).
- Islamic Law
- Islamic Laws
- Finding the Law: Islamic Law (Sharia)
- Legal and Judicial Structure of Saudi Arabia