J. Michael Straczynski
To love one child and to love all children, whether living or dead—somewhere these two loves come together. To love a no-good but humble punk and to love an honest man who believes himself to be an honest man—somewhere these, too, come together.Marguerite Duras
- Your assumption, and the truth, dine at totally separate tables.
- Even Zathras say, Braves suck.
- I like to consider my mind an open door. It's just not a revolving door.
- I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks the use of an angelic (or seemingly angelic character), whose likes have been written about for, oh, about 4,000 years, is ripping off Star Trek, has his head so thoroughly up his ass as to have blipped into an entirely new intestinally-based reality and desperately needs to get a wider frame of reference.
- They told us not to wish in the first place, not to aspire, not to try; to be quiet, to play nice, to shoot low and aspire not at all. They are always wrong. Follow your dreams. Make your wishes. Create the future. And above all, believe in yourself. That is the lesson of Babylon 5.
- We have an obligation to one another, responsibilities and trusts. That does not mean we must be pigeons, that we must be exploited. But it does mean that we should look out for one another when and as much as we can; and that we have a personal responsibility for our behavior; and that our behavior has consequences of a very real and profound nature. We are not powerless. We have tremendous potential for good or ill. How we choose to use that power is up to us; but first we must choose to use it. We're told every day, "You can't change the world." But the world is changing every day. Only question is...who's doing it? You or somebody else?
- As an atheist, I believe that all life is unspeakably precious, because it’s only here for a brief moment, a flare against the dark, and then it’s gone forever. No afterlives, no second chances, no backsies. So there can be nothing crueler than the abuse, destruction or wanton taking of a life. It is a crime no less than burning the Mona Lisa, for there is always just one of each. So I cannot forgive. 
- I'm an atheist myself, but I don't have to believe in Minbarri to write about Minbarri. I think if that person is a religious character, then you have to treat them with integrity and deal with them properly. As a result, this show is very popular with a lot of religious folks.
- The more important the emotion is, the fewer words required to express it:
Will you go out with me?
I think I like you.
I care for you.
I love you.
- Stun settings are for people who can't commit.
- Frequently attributed to jms, but earliest Google Groups post with that quote is by Bill Capeheart. May not originally be from Usenet. 
- J. Michael Straczynski (2004-02-17). "Specualtion and Worries on New B5 project". rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. (Google Groups). Retrieved on 2007-03-15.
- Posted on Compuserve, 1997 
- J. Michael Straczynski (2002-07-20). "ATTN JMS: Are you a millionaire ?". rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. (Google Groups). Retrieved on 2007-03-15.
- J. Michael Straczynski (1995-11-10). "Re: B5 rips off Trek Again! (T". rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5. (Google Groups). Retrieved on 2007-03-15.
- From the 1998 Babylon 5 Calendar
- J. Michael Straczynski (1995-04-07). "At The Midpoint (Spoilers for everything)". rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated. (Google Groups). Retrieved on 2007-03-15.
- |Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5 |Passing Through Gethsemane |jms speaks |http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/048.html
- JMSNews, 1/31/2008, http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17708&topic=Spiderman