Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.Erich Fromm
Jesse Alexander Helms (born October 18, 1921; died July 4, 2008) was a former five-term Republican U.S. Senator from North Carolina.
- I reject that criticism because this is indeed another kind of holocaust, by another name. At last count, more than 40 million unborn children have been deliberately, intentionally destroyed. What word adequately defines the scope of such slaughter? [After 9/11] the American people responded with shock, sadness and a deep and righteous anger — and rightly so. Yet let us not forget that every passing day in our country, more than three thousand innocent Americans are killed [through abortion].
- Here's Where I Stand (2005)
- I've been portrayed as a caveman by some. That's not true. I'm a conservative progressive, and that means I think all men are equal, be they Slants, Beaners, or Niggers.
- North Carolina Progressive, February 6, 1985, quoted from the Democratic Alliance
- All Latins are volatile people. Hence, I was not surprised at the volatile reaction.
- Homosexuals are weak, morally sick wretches.
- Your tax dollars are being used to pay for grade-school classes that teach our children that cannibalism, wife-swapping and murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior.
- I note your distress at my floccinaucinihilipilification of the CTBT.
- Compromise, hell!