The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.Thomas Carlyle
- .נפלה האבן על הקדרה, אוי לקדרה. נפלה הקדרה על האבן, אוי לקדרה
- The stone fell on the pitcher? Woe to the pitcher. The pitcher fell on the stone? Woe to the pitcher.
- Nobody leaves us, we only leave others. --Nathaniel Wenger
- Knowledge is like manure, it's only good when spread.
- In the facades we put on for others we demonstrate our potential; through our children we reveal our reality. --Lawrence Kelemen, To Kindle A Soul p. 195
- Intelligent people know of what they speak; fools speak of what they know. --Minchas Shabbos
- A Jewish man just needs to look down if he doesn’t believe the voices in his head. --Nathaniel Wenger
- He who eats alone, dies alone.
- Helping a man across the ocean does not mean buying him goggles.
- It is an old Jewish saying that "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made Grandmothers”.
- The ones around the golden calf must wonder if the gold is more important than the calf.
- איזהו העשיר? השמח בחלקו
- Translation: Who is the rich person? The one who is happy with what he has.
- מיום שחרב בית המקדש, נלקחה הנבואה מן הנביאים, וניתנה לשוטים ולתינוקות
- Translation: Ever since the fall of the holy temple, it has come to be that prophecy was taken away from the prophets, and given to the infants and the fools
- Small children, small problems; big children, big problems.
- You always learn something even if you don’t know it.
- Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
see also: Judaism