Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.
- The moon is essentially gray, no color. It looks like plaster of Paris, like dirty beach sand with lots of footprints in it.
- There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.
- Well, Deke; if I had a dollar for every time I've been killed in that thing, I wouldn't have to work for you. We'll get it together by launch time.
- Houston, we've had a problem.
(Misquoted in the movie Apollo 13 as "Houston, we have a problem.")