The road to wisdom? Well, it's plain and simple to express: Errand err again but less and less and less.Piet Hein
- Some Vietnam veterans have told me what they did over there when they were animals. They have been giving testimony about it to the public, to juries, to judges. Some of the juries cry, and so do some of the judges.
One Ex-Marine has a face like a Puerto Rican angel and a body count of 390. That means he and his unit killed 390 people in a variety of hideous ways, and the angel got to go count the dead bodies for the record.
And now he and a lot of his buddies are trying to make up for what we made them do. We paid the taxes that bought the war that hired the men and dropped the fire that burned the huts and killed the people who then were the bodies that Scott counted. It's a rotten thing to brainwash someone into doing the dirty part of killing while we stay at home. It's a rotten thing to pretend the war is coming to an end when it's only taken to the air. And in 1972 if you don't fight against a rotten thing you become a part of it.
What I'm asking you to do is take some risks. Stop paying war taxes, refuse the armed forces, organize against the air war, support the strikes and boycotts of farmers, workers and poor people, analyze the flag salute, give up the nation state, share your money, refuse to hate, be willing to work ... in short, sisters and brothers, arm up with love and come from the shadows.
- Quoted from the back side of her LP Come From The Shadows (1972)
- The easiest kind of relationship for me is with ten thousand people. The hardest is with one.
- You can't decide how you're going to die. Or when. What you can decide is how you're going to live now.
- I've never had a humble opinion. If you've got an opinion, why be humble about it?