There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.Alfred Adler
Jodie Foster (born November 19, 1962) is a two-time Academy Award-winning American actress, director, and producer.
- Normal is not something to aspire to, it is something to get away from.
- I cannot believe in God when there is no scientific evidence for the existence of a supreme being and creator.
- Calgary Sun, July 10th, 2007
- This is such a big deal, and my life is so simple. There are very few things — there's love, and work, and family. And I'd like to thank all my families, all the tribes that I come from and, most importantly, my mother Brandy who taught me that all my finger paintings were Picasso's and that I didn't have to be afraid. And, mostly, that cruelty might be very human, and it might be very cultural, but it's not acceptable.
- Oscar Acceptance Speech, 1989 Academy Awards, Best Actress in a Leading Role, The Accused.
- I'd like to dedicate this award to all the women before me that never had the chances that I've had, the survivors, the pioneers and the outcasts. My blood, my tradition. And I'd like to thank all the people in this industry who've respected my choices and have not been afraid of the power and dignity that that entitled me to.
- Oscar Acceptance Speech, 1992 Academy Awards, Best Actress in a Leading Role, The Silence of the Lambs.