Jumanji is a 1995 film based on Chris Van Allsburg's beloved children's book about two kids who play a magical, jungle-themed board game and release a man who was trapped for decades in it, as well as a host of dangers that can only be stopped if the game is finished. It was directed by Joe Johnston.
- In the jungle, you must wait until the dice read five or eight.
- I'M BACK! MOM! DAD! I'M HOME! I'M BACK! IT'S ME! IT'S ME, ALAN, MOM AND DAD! I'M HOME! [lowers voice] I'm back.
- I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine. Things you can't even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eat, and you hope to God that you're not dessert. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is.
- Beware of the ground on which you stand, the floor is quicker than the sand.
- I've got it! Colonel Mustard in the Library with a wrench. (laughs) Clue.
- At night they fly, you better run. These winged things are not much fun.
- Don't ever call me crazy, Alan! Ever! 'Cause everyone in this town has called me crazy ever since I told them that you were sucked into a board game!
- They grow much faster than bamboo. Take care or they'll come after you.
- Every month at the quarter moon, there'll be a monsoon in your lagoon.
- You're almost there with much at stake, but now the ground begins to quake...
- A tiny bite can make you itch, make you sneeze, make you twitch.
- It's not real, Peter. It's a hallucination.
- Don't be fooled; it isn't thunder. Staying put would be a blunder.
- There is a lesson you will learn: sometimes you must go back a turn.
- This will not be an easy mission. Monkeys slow the expedition.
- His fangs are sharp. He likes your taste. Your party better move poste haste.
- Need a hand? Well, you just wait. We'll help you out. We each have... eight?
- Young Alan: Maybe I don't wanna be who you are. Maybe I don't even wanna be a Parrish.
- Sam: (firmly) You won't be. Not 'til you start acting like one. (to his wife) Get your coat.
- Young Alan: I guess I'm not ready for Cliffside, then.
- Sam: (about to leave) We're taking you there next Sunday, and I don't wanna hear another word about it!
- Young Alan: You won't! I'm never talkin' to you again!
- (Sam shuts the door and leaves, and Alan rips his Cliffside brochure)
- Young Alan: (after reacting to the bell from the clock, he accidentally rolls the dice) Oh, no. The game thinks I rolled.
- Young Sarah: What do you mean "the game thinks"?
- Peter Shepherd: His fangs are sharp. He likes your taste. Your party better move posthaste.
- Judy Shepherd: I don't like the sound of that.
- Alan Parrish: Are you my little sister?
- Judy Shepherd: No. I'm Judy and he's Peter.
- Judy Shepherd: What happened to you? You shave with a piece of glass?
- Alan Parrish: What happened to you? The Clampetts have a yard sale?
- Alan Parrish: [in terror] "A hunter from the darkest wild... makes you feel just like a child."
- Sarah Whittle: What is it?
- Alan Parrish: Van Pelt.
- Judy Shepherd: A law of Jumanji has been broken. It will set back more than your token.
- Sarah Whittle: You tried to cheat?
- Peter Shepherd: I tried to drop the dice so they would land on twelve.
- Sarah Whittle: Alan, you wrestled an alligator for me.
- Alan Parrish: It was a crocodile. Alligators don't have that little fringe on their hind leg.
- Sarah Whittle: My mistake.
- Robin Williams - Alan Parrish
- Jonathan Hyde - Samuel Alan Parrish/Hunter Van Pelt
- Bonnie Hunt - Sarah Whittle
- Kirsten Dunst - Judy Shepherd
- Bradley Pierce - Peter Shepherd
- Bebe Neuwirth - Aunt Nora Shepherd
- David Alan Grier - Carl Bentley