The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Will is character in action.William Mcdougall
(Redirected from Jurassic Park: The Lost World)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park is a 1997 American science fiction film and the second film in the Jurassic Park series. Something Has Survived
- (regarding Kelly) The queen, the goddess, my inspiration.
- [To Sarah, regarding his attempts to contact the trailer] For once in your life, would it kill you to pick it up!
- [Regarding the Tyrannosaur that just threw one of the team's vehicles over the cliff] Mommy's very angry.
- [To Kelly after she kills a raptor using Gymnastics] The school cut you from their team?
- [To Ludlow after the T-Rex enters San Diego] Now you're John Hammond.
- [Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.
- [To Ludlow regarding Ludlow's plan to transport dinosaurs to the mainland] Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas and I'm going to be there when you learn that.
- [Trying to rally calm after the Tyrannosaurs attack the camp] Stay down! Stay down! Don't move! DON'T MOVE!
- I've worked around predators since I was 20 years old. Lions, jackals, hyenas... you.
- I need something pliable... Spit. [Holds out her hand and Nick spits saliva into it] Your *gum*!
- [Regarding Malcom's frustrated handling of the sat phone] Violence and technology? Not good bedfellows!
- [To Malcom] You were right and I was wrong. There! Did you ever expect to hear me say such a thing?
- Now it's only a matter of time before this lost world is found and pillaged.
- (last lines) It is absolutely imperative that we work with the Costa Rican Department of Biological Preserves to establish a set of rules for the preservation and isolation of that island. These creatures require our absence to survive, not our help. And if we could only step aside and trust in nature, life will find a way.
- [John] Hammond's grasp exceeded his reach, mine does not.
- [Reading from a pamplet on dinosaurs] It'll be a pacy...pacycepl...oh hell, the fat head with the bald spot. Friar Tuck!
- [Throws the pamplet away] The one with the big red horn, the pompador. Elvis!
- Kelly Malcolm: She doesn't even have Sega. She's such a troglodyte.
- Dr. Ian Malcolm: Cruel, but good word use.
- Eddie Carr: [Refering to a platform] It's a High Hide. A High Hide. [off Malcolm's look] See you go up and you hide, high. It goes up to where the trees are, and keeps the researchers out of harms way.
- Ian Malcolm: Actually it'll put them at a very convient biting height.
- Nick Van Owen: ...Did some work with Greenpeace once in a while.
- Ian Malcolm: Greenpeace? What drew you there?
- Nick Van Owen: [Grinning] Women. Eighty percent female Greenpeace.
- Ian Malcolm: That's noble.
- Nick Van Owen: Nah, noble was last year. This year I'm getting paid. Hammond's cheque cleared or I wouldn't be going on this wild goose chase.
- Ian Malcolm: Ah where you're going is the only place in the world where the geese chase you!
- Eddie Carr: [Refering to the Dinosaurs] Is this even possible?
- Ian Malcolm: [Incredulous] What? This? What did you think you were going to document? What did you think you were going to see?
- Nick Van Owen: Animals. Maybe big Iguanas.
- Ian Malcolm: [Sighs] Fruitcakes.
- Eddie Carr: (seeing the wrecked RV hanging off the edge of a cliff) Ian? Sarah? Nick? Nick!
- Nick Van Owen: Yeah, we're in here.
- Eddie Carr: Wait, wait! I'm coming! I'm coming! (tries opening door, but it won't open) God damn it! I'm coming! (climbs in through shattered windshield) What did this?
- Ian Malcolm: Kelly! What did you do with Kelly?
- Eddie Carr: It's okay, she's in the High Hide! Who's hurt, what do you need?
- Ian Malcolm: We need rope!
- Eddie Carr: Rope? What, anything else?
- Ian Malcolm: Yeah, three double cheeseburgers with everything.
- Nick Van Owen: No onions on mine!
- Sarah Harding: And an apple turnover!
- Ian Malcom: You can convince the Washington Post and Sceptical Enquirer of what you want, but I was there. I know what happened and so do you.
- Peter Ludlow: Do you actually believe that everyone who chose discretion did so for a nefarious motive? Even Lex and Tim?
- Ian Malcom: Leave them out of it. It's not a game.
- Peter Ludlow: No it isn't. You signed a nondisclosure agreement before you went to the island that expressely forbade you from discussing anything you saw. You violated that agreement.
- Ian Malcom: Yeah I did. And you lied, you twisted the facts surrounding the deaths of 3 people. And you stuff misinformation down the public's throat which made me look like a nut. It hasn't been so good for my livelyhood...
- Peter Ludlow: We made a generous compensatory offer for your injuries.
- Ian Malcom: That was a payoff and an insult. When you spin reality, when you cover up evidence it hurts more than just my reputation, it hurts...
- Peter Ludlow: As I recall, your university revoked your tenure for your selling wild stories to the press.
- Ian Malcom: I didn't sell anything, I never took a cent and I told the truth.
- Peter Ludlow: Your version of it.
- Ian Malcom: There are no versions of the truth. I tell you something, InGen can't keep...
- Peter Ludlow: InGen is my responsibility now Doctor and I will jealously defend it's interests.
- Ian Malcom: Your responsibility? What about Mr. Hammond?
- Peter Ludlow: It is our board of directors that I must look in the eye, not my uncle. Really you must trust me, these problems of yours are about to be rendered moot. In a few weeks time, they'll be long forgotten. [Pats him on the arm]
- Ian Malcom: [Grips Ludlow's arm, threatening] Not by me.
- Peter Ludlow: Careful. This suit cost more than your education.
- Peter Ludlow: [Speaking into radio headset] This is as good as place as any for Base Camp, I want it up and running in thirty minutes. That's half an hour.
- Roland Tembo: Cancel that order.
- Peter Ludlow: [To Roland] What! Why?
- Roland Tembo: This is a game trail Mr Ludlow, carnivores hunt on game trails. Do you want to set up base camp or a buffet?
- Peter Ludlow: [Into Headset] Let's find a new spot shall we? Over and out.
- Roland Tembo: Peter? If you want me to run your little camping trip there are two conditions, firstly: I'm in charge and when I'm not around Dieter is. All you need to do is sign the cheques and open your case of scotch when we have a good day. Secondly: My fee, you can keep it. All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the Tyrannosauruses. A Male. A Buck only. How and why are my business, now if you don't like either of those two conditions you're on your own. So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp or in the middle of the Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more sucidal ideas ok?
- Peter Ludlow: [Gives Roland a thumbs up] Ok!
- Nick Van Owen: You seem like you have a shred of common sense, what the hell are you doing here?
- Roland Tembo: Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down.
- Nick Van Owen: [referring to Roland's gun] You gonna use that?
- Roland Tembo: If he doesn't surrender, yes.
- Nick Van Owen: [chuckles] The animal exists on the planet for the first time in tens of millions of years and the only way you can express yourself is to kill it.
- Roland Tembo: Remember that chap about twenty years ago? I forget his name. Climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. When they asked him, they said why did you go up there to die? He said I didn't, I went up there to live.
- Peter Ludlow: Roland, there's a job for you in San Diego if you want it.
- Roland Tembo: No thank you. I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death.
- (Sarah and Ian are searching for the T-Rex in San Diego)
- Sarah Harding: How do we find the adult?
- Dr. Ian Malcolm: Just follow the screams.
- Peter Ludlow: These pictures were taken in hospital in Costa Rica 48 hours ago after a british family on a yatch cruise stumbled across Site B. The little girl will be fine. Her parents, however, are wealthy, angry - that's hardly new to us.
- [Picks up a file] Wrongful death settlements. Partial list: Family of Donald Gennaro 36.5 Million Dollars; Family of John Arnold 23 Million; Family of Robert Muldoon 12.6 Million. Damaged or Destroyed Equipment 17.3 Million; Demolition, Deconstruction, and Disposal of Isla Nublar facility organic and inorganic 126 Million Dollars.
- [Slaps file down on table, reaches for another] The list goes on: Research Funding, Media Payoffs, Oooh - Silence is expensive.
- [Places file down] Well, this madness must stop. Now. This corporation has been bleeding from the throat for 4 years. You have sat patiently, and listened to ecology lectures while John Hammond signed your cheques and spent your money. You have watched your stock drop from 78 and a quarter to 19 flat with no good end in site. And all along we have held significant product assets, that we have attempted to hide at great expense when we could have safely harvested those assets and displayed them for profit. Enormous profit. Enough income to wipe out 4 years of damage control, lawsuits and unpleasant infighting and the one thing, the only thing standing between us and this windfall is a born again naturalist who happens to be our own CEO. [He pauses] Believe me, I don't enjoy having to say these things about my own uncle. But I don't work for mother nature, I work for you.
- [He retrieves a piece of paper from the table] Whereas the Chief Executive Officer has engaged in wasteful and negligent business practices to further his own personal environmental beliefs. Whereas these practices have affected the financial performance of the company by incurring significant losses. Whereas the shareholders have been materially harmed by these losses. Thereby it be resolved that John Parker Hammond be removed from the office of Chief Executive Officer. Effective Immediately. I want the resolution be put to a vote. Do I have a second?
- Member of the Board: I second the motion. Mr Nicolas, please poll the members by a show of hands.
- Mr Nicolas: All those in favour of InGen Corporate Resolution 213c, please signify your approval by raising your right hand.
- [All board members raise their hands. Motion carried.]
- Something Has Survived
- Jeff Goldblum- Dr. Ian Malcolm
- Julianne Moore- Dr. Sarah Harding
- Vince Vaughn- Nick Van Owen
- Richard Attenborough- John Hammond
- Arliss Howard- Peter Ludlow
- Richard Schiff- Eddie Carr
- Vanessa Lee Chester- Kelly Curtis Malcolm