Karl Lagerfeld (born Karl Otto Lagerfeldt on September 10, 1933) is a German fashion designer, and the host of Liberty City's K109 The Studio in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. He has collaborated with a variety of different fashion labels, most notably Chanel but also Chloé and Fendi. Furthermore, he owns several labels, which he launched in the early 1980s, in various industries including perfume and clothing. He has also played a role in equipping leading artists.
- "The reason American cars don’t sell anymore is that they have forgotten how to design the American Dream. What does it matter if you buy a car today or six months from now, because cars are not beautiful. That’s why the American auto industry is in trouble: no design, no desire." - Karl Lagerfeld, Vanity Fair, February 1992
- "Only the minute and the future are interesting in fashion – it exists to be destroyed. If everybody did everything with respect, you'd go nowhere."
- "I don't like standard beauty – there is no beauty without strangeness."
- "The iPod completely changed the way people approach music."
- "Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!"
- "People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence."
- "What I designed was fashion for slender and slim people,"
- "Pissing everywhere isn't very Chanel."
- "One Is Never Over Nor Underdressed In A Little Black Dress."
- "Life is not a fashion show."
- "I-lost-200-pounds-to-wear-suits-by-Hedi-Slimane" Lagerfeld in Elle UK.
- "Nowadays you start to model because you're young. Now the girls are sixteen, seventeen, fifteen, and Russian. They are like from another planet." - Karl Lagerfeld, in the Olsen Twin's new book, Influence...