Men who accomplish great things in the industrial world are the ones who have faith in the money producing power of ideas.Charles Fillmore
Fall Revolution series
- "What if capitalism is unsustainable, and socialism is impossible? We're fucked, that's what." – "The Falling Rate of Profit, Red Hordes and Green Slime: What the Fall Revolution Books Are About" - Nova Express, Volume 6, Spring/Summer 2001, pp 19-21.
Engines of Light Trilogy
- "The uploads replicate and develop relationships. Most of them go very bad. You sometimes get an entire virtual planet of four billion people devoted to building prayer wheels in an attempt at a denial of service attack on God." – Newton's Wake
- "... a faded black T-shirt with a soaring penguin and the slogan 'Where do you want to come from today?'" – Newton's Wake
- (8 hours after the Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster)
- "Husband, McCool, Anderson, Brown, Chawla, Clark, Ramon.
- Komarov, Grissom, White, Chaffee, Dobrovolsky, Volkov, Patsayev,
- Resnick, Scobee, Smith, McNair, McAuliffe, Jarvis, Onizuka.
- These names will be written under other skies."
- USENET posting to rec.arts.sf.fandom, 1 February 2003
- "Hey, this is Europe. We took it from nobody; we won it from the bare soil that the ice left. The bones of our ancestors, and the stones of their works, are everywhere. Our liberties were won in wars and revolutions so terrible that we do not fear our governors: they fear us. Our children giggle and eat ice-cream in the palaces of past rulers. We snap our fingers at kings. We laugh at popes. When we have built up tyrants, we have brought them down. And we have nuclear *fucking* weapons." – USENET posting to rec.sf.arts.fandom 28 September 2000, in the discussion of Robert A. Heinlein's quote "The cowards never started and the weaklings died on the way." (Expanded Universe, How to be a Survivor in the Atomic Age)
- (on The Hamburg Cell): "It shows them as weak, alienated individuals being recruited by the classic methods of any campus cult. Young men without a strong sense of self are a Microsoft for mind viruses, and these were no exception." weblog post, 3 September 2004