Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings.C. O. Jackson
Quotes about keys of various kinds.
- The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
- Epictetus, as quoted in The Art of Living : The Classic Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness, A New Interpretation by Sharon Lebell (1994)
- Love is the master-key that opens the gates of happiness, of hatred, of jealousy, and, most easily of all, the gate of fear. How terrible is the one fact of beauty!
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. in A Mortal Antipathy (1885) This statement is often misquoted as "Love is the master-key that opens the gates of happiness."
- Key metaphors help determine what and how we perceive and how we think about our perceptions.
- A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we’re safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we’re two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
- If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
- Prophets hold a key to the lock in a language. The mechanical image remains only an image to them. This is not a mechanical universe.
- Children are the keys of paradise.
- No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.
- Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
- In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.
- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
- Only divine love bestows the keys of knowledge.
- Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.
- AWARENESS is the path to better choices.
Self-AWARENESS is the key to peace.
AWARENESS opens the mind and heart to new possibilities.
- Iyanla Vanzant in One Day My Soul Just Opened Up : 40 Days and 40 Nights Towards Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth (2000), p. 87
- Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others.
- We receive His peace when we ask Him for it. We keep His peace by extending it to others. Those are the keys and there are no others.
- A Druid in training must be a bard before he is a priest, for music is one of the keys to the laws of the universe.