Kicking and Screaming
Life is raw material. We are artisans. We can sculpt our existence into something beautiful, or debase it into ugliness. It's in our hands.Cathy Better
- For the 2005 comedy film, see Kicking & Screaming.
- What I used to able to pass off as a bad summer could now potentially turn into a bad life.
- I found myself writing 'wake up' and 'go to bed' in my day planner as if they are two different events.
- [to Otis] I begged you not to get off Prozac.
- Jane: Overrated? You've never even been to Prague.
- Grover: Oh, I've been to Prague. [Jane stares at him] Well, I haven't "been to Prague" been to Prague, but I know that thing, that, "Stop shaving your armpits, read The Unbearable Lightness of Being, date a sculptor, now I know how bad American coffee is thing..."
- Jane: Beer. They have good beer there.
- Grover: "... how bad American beer is thing. [pause] "How bad American beer is thing."
- Jane: Yeah, I heard you the first time.
- Kate: I'm going to be 17 tomorrow.
- Max: Wow, now you can read Seventeen Magazine and get all the references.
- Max: I'm too nostalgic. I'll admit it.
- Skippy: We graduated four months ago. What can you possibly be nostalgic for?
- Max: I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.
- Grover: OK, the way I see it, if we were an old couple, dated for years, graduated, away from all these scholastic complications, and I reached over and kissed you, you wouldn't say a word, you'd be delighted, probably, but if I was to do that now it'd be quite forward, and if I did it the first time we ever met you probably would hit me.
- Jane: What do you mean?
- Grover: I just wish we were an old couple so I could do that.
- Jane: Sometimes you can be such a child.
- Grover: Yeah, but if I was a child you'd find that endearing.
- Josh Hamilton - Grover
- Samuel Gould - Pete
- Catherine Kellner - Gail
- Jonathan Baumbach - Professor
- John Lehr - Louis
- Olivia d'Abo - Jane
- Peter Czernin - Lester
- Carlos Jacott - Otis
- Chris Eigeman - Max
- Eric Stoltz - Chet
- Eliza Roberts - Josselyn
- Jason Wiles - Skippy
- Parker Posey - Miami
- Noah Baumbach - Danny