Kill Bill: Volume 1
Kill Bill: Volume 1 is a 2003 film about a former member of an elite team of assassins who seeks revenge on her former boss and partners after a massacre at her wedding rehearsal during which she was left for dead.
- [To The Bride] Do you find me sadistic? You know, I'll bet I could fry an egg on your head right now if I wanted to. No, Kiddo, I'd like to believe you're aware enough, even now, to know there's nothing sadistic in my actions … maybe towards those other jokers, but not you. No, Kiddo, this moment, this is me at my most … masochistic.
The Bride/ Beatrix Kiddo
- As I said before, I've allowed you to keep your wicked life for two reasons. And the second reason is so you can tell him [Bill] in person everything that happened here tonight. I want him to witness the extent of my mercy by witnessing your deformed body. I want you to tell him all the information you just told me. I want him to know what I know. I want him to know I want him to know. And I want them all to know they'll all soon be as dead as O-Ren.
- I am gonna ask you questions. And every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you, they will be things you will miss.
- But lucky for O Ren Iishii, the Boss was a pedophile.
- It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
- It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it coming. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting.
- Just because I have no wish to murder you before the eyes of your daughter does not mean parading her around in front of me is going to inspire sympathy. You and I have unfinished business. And not a goddamn fucking thing you've done in the subsequent four years, including getting knocked up, is going to change that.
- So, O-Ren … any more subordinates for me to kill?
- [Punctuating each word by smacking the flat of her sword on a boy's butt] This is what you get for fucking around with Yakuzas! Go home to your mother!
Those of you lucky enough to still have your lives, take them with you! But leave the limbs you have lost. They belong to me now.
[Shouting] Except you, Sofie! You stay right where you are!
- [On Gogo Yubari] What she lacks in age, she makes up for in madness.
- When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that, not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
- Wiggle your big toe.
- Okinawa. One way.
- [To O-Ren in Japanese] You and I have unfinished business.
- You know, for a second there … yeah, I kinda did.
- I might never have liked you, point in fact I despised you. But that shouldn't suggest I don't respect you.
- Thought that was pretty fucking funny, didn't you? Word of advice, shithead: don't you ever wake up.
- ...What do you want with Hattori Hanzo?
- For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.
- I've done what I swore an oath to God twenty-eight years ago to never do again. I've created "something that kills people". And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.
- Funny. You like samurai swords, I like baseball.
- As your leader, I encourage you, from time to time and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so! But allow me to convince you. And I promise you, right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo … except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is – I collect your fucking head. [Holds up Tanaka's head] Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time! [Pause] I didn't think so.
- That was a Hattori Hanzo sword.
- Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.
- Tear the bitch apart!
- You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai.
- Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.
- You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
- Vernita Green: Black Mamba. I should have been motherfucking Black Mamba.
- Buck: My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck.
- Sofie: Burn in hell, you stupid, stupid blonde! I'll tell you nothing!
- Sofie: Guessing won't be necessary. She informed me.
- Budd (on The Bride): That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die.
- This is a flash-forward to a scene in Kill Bill Vol. 2, in which Budd adds: "But then again, so does she."
- The Bride: How did you find me?
- Bill: I'm the man.
- Bill: Elle, you're going to abort the mission.
- Elle Driver: What?!
- Bill: We owe her better than that.
- Elle Driver: Oh, you don't owe her shit!
- Bill: Will you keep your voice down?
- Elle Driver (quietly): You don't owe her shit.
- Earl McGraw: Son Number 1?
- Son Number 1: Yeah?
- Earl McGraw: This tall drink of cocksucker ain't dead.
- The Bride: Our reputations precede us.
- Gogo Yubari: Don't they?
- The Bride: Gogo, I know you feel you must protect your mistress. But I beg you, walk away.
- Gogo (laughs): You call that begging? You can beg better than that.
- Japanese Businessman: Do you like Ferraris?
- Gogo Yubari (smacks down beverage bottle): Ferrari? Italian trash. Do you want to screw me?
- [Japanese Businessman giggles]
- Gogo: Don't laugh! Do you want to screw me, yes or no?
- Businessman: Yes.
- [Gogo stabs him]
- Gogo: How about now, big boy? Do you still wish to penetrate me? Or is it I … who has penetrated you?
- Sushi Bar Assistant: [Japanese] What'd ya want?
- The Bride: [English] I beg your pardon?
- Hattori Hanzo: [English] Oh..."drink" [makes drinking motion with hand]
- The Bride: [English] Oh, yes, a bottle of warm sake please.
- Hattori Hanzo: [English] Warm sake? VERY GOOD. [Japanese] One warm sake.
- Sushi Bar Assistant: [Japanese] Sake? In the middle of the day?
- Hattori Hanzo: [Japanese] Day, night, afternoon, who gives a damn? Get the sake.
- Sushi Bar Assistant: [Japanese] How come I always have to get the sake? You listen well... for thirty years, you make the fish, I get the sake. If this were the military, I'd be General by now.
- Hattori Hanzo: [Japanese] Oh, so you'd be General, huh? If you were General, I'd be Emperor, and you'd STILL get the sake. So shut up and get the sake. [English] Do you understand?
- Hattori Hanzo: What do you want with Hattori Hanzo?
- The Bride: I need Japanese steel.
- Hattori: Why do you need Japanese steel?
- The Bride: I have vermin to kill.
- Hattori: You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel.
- The Bride: Huge.
- O-Ren: Silly rabbit …
- The Bride: Tricks are for …
- O-Ren: … kids.
- O-Ren: You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
- The Bride: You know, for a second there … yeah, I kinda did.
- O-Ren: For ridiculing you earlier, I apologize.
- The Bride: Accepted.
- [Long pause while both catch their breath]
- The Bride: Ready?
- O-Ren: Come on.
- Vernita: You have every right to want to get even.
- The Bride: No. No. To get even? Even Steven? I would have to kill you, go up to Nikki's room, kill her, then wait for your husband, the good Dr. Bell, to come home and kill him. That would be even, Vernita. That'd be about square.
- Here comes the bride
- On October 10th, speak softly and carry a big sword
- David Carradine – Bill
- Uma Thurman – The Bride
- Lucy Liu – O-Ren Ishii
- Sonny Chiba – Hattori Hanzo
- Chiaki Kuriyama – Gogo Yubari
- Daryl Hannah – Elle Driver
- Vivica A. Fox – Vernita Green