Ideas won't work unless you do.Source Unknown
Quotes about kindness.
- Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight: always to try to be a little kinder than is necessary?
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia, quoted in Words from the Wise : Over 6,000 of the Smartest Things Ever Said (2007) by Rosemarie Jarski
- Care about the beings you care about in gorgeous and surprising ways. Color outside the lines. Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty. This is your last chance.
- Deeds of kindness are equal in weight to all the commandments.
- The best and simplest cosmetic for women is constant gentleness and sympathy for the noblest interests of her fellow-creatures. This preserves and gives to her features an indelibly gay, fresh, and agreeable expression. If women would but realize that harshness makes them ugly, it would prove the best means of conversion.
- Gentleness in the gait is what simplicity is in the dress. Violent gestures or quick movements inspire involuntary disrespect.
- Gentleness, which belongs to virtue, is to be carefully distinguished from the mean spirit of cowards and the fawning assent of sycophants.
- True gentleness is founded on a sense of what we owe to Him who made us, and to the common nature which we all share. It arises from reflection on our own failings and wants, and from just views of the condition and the duty of man. It is native feeling heightened and improved by principle.
- Recompense injury with justice, and recompense kindness with kindness.
- Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.
- Barbara De Angelis
- Sticks and stones can build homes, but words can build up people.
- James DeMaio
- I wonder why it is we are not all kinder to each other...How much the world needs it! How easily it is done!
- We do not believe, or we forget, that "the Holy Ghost came down, not in shape of a vulture, but in the form of a dove."
- Kindness has converted more sinners than zeal, eloquence or learning.
- Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.
- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.
- I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
- Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.
- A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.
- Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not.
- Always set high value on spontaneous kindness. He whose inclination prompts him to cultivate your friendship of his own accord will love you more than one whom you have been at pains to attach to you.
- A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.
- Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
- To give pleasure to a single heart by a single kind act is better than a thousand head-bowings in prayer.
- Kindness is more than deeds. It is an attitude, an expression, a look, a touch. It is anything that lifts another person.
- C. Neil Strait
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.
- So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs.
- A matter dealt with gently is sure to prosper, but a matter dealt with violently causes vexation.