Lalu Prasad Yadav
Lalu Prasad Yadav (born 1948) is an Indian politician from the state of Bihar. He is currently the Union Minister for the Indian Railways in the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government and the president of the Rashtriya Janata Dal, one of many political parties in India.
- Wagon is the bread-earning horse of the Railways. Load it adequately. Make it run and don't stable it.
- When some of the Railway Board members expressed apprehensions in increasing wagon loads, a decision which alone generated Rs 7,200 crore (Rs 72 billion) (Source: Lalu to teach management at IIM-A)
- I've not given them (the poor people of Bihar) heaven, but I've given them a voice.
- Indian Railways is the responsibility of Lord Vishwakarma. So is the safety of passengers... It is His duty, not mine. I have been forced to don His mantle.
- I work so much. If I don't get all the comforts, I will turn mad.
- Responding to the criticism of his adversaries that he always travelled in a salon. (July 3, 2004 The Times of India)
- If we increase freight rates, the goods will move through the roads and the condition of the roads will become worse.
- While presenting the Union Railway Budget ("Railway Budget", The Times of India, July 7, 2004.)
- Why should I tell you where I am going to get funds from? If I were to do that then all the vested interests would get alerted. You must be aware that railways are full of such elements and my fight is against them.
- When an interviewer asked him from where is he going to get resources to implement the tall promises that he made in the railway budget of 2004. ("Railway Budget", The Times of India, July 7, 2004.)
- What does dating mean?
- Original: Dating Mane?
- When a news reporter asked his opinion about a new dating website called www.laloorabri.com which was recently launched, and the name was inspired by the matrimonial bond between Lalu Yadav & his wife. (Feb 2005, Times Now news Channel)
- You think that the poor and oppressed people of Bihar will ever forget Lalu Yadav? I am the only one who has done something for them. The people know that. They also know that the rest (of the political class) are useless.
- Robbery is common.
- I know some people say I can be funny. But there is always a deeper meaning to what I say. I am a socialist at heart and have the interests of the poor in mind. When people see how I manage to work my way out of tough situations, it gives them hope in their own life
- I do not rule out the possibility of being prime minister of India one day, but there is still time.
- Why not? We will definitely give them and charge rent.
- If you do not milk the cow fully, it falls sick.
- My mother always told me not to handle a buffalo by its tail, but always catch it by its horns. And I have used that lesson in everything in my life, including the Railways.