Land of the Dead
Land of the Dead is a 2005 horror film, the fourth in George A. Romero's "Dead Series" which began with Night of the Living Dead, and continued with the sequels Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. Romero also reprised the Universal logo of the 1930's in recognition of the classic Universal horror films of that earlier period.
- [Last Line] Take us North.
- [Cholo notices a Zombie Gardener outside of Dead Reckoning] I know for a fact that if it wasn't for this truck I wouldn't be any different to that poor Mexican bastard out there.
- There's only three things a man should do when he's alone, be born, die, and we all know the other thing
- [Cholo has been bitten and Foxy asks him if he'd rather be shot] Nah, I've always wanted to see how the other half lives
- Zombies, man. They creep me out.
- In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.
- [shoots Cholo who gets back up and continues toward Kaufman] Nah, you're dead! [sees that Cholo has turned into a zombie] Oh my god, you really are dead.
- Put some flowers in the graveyard. How come you call them that, Riley? I don't get it. There here ain't the kind of flowers you lay on the ground, these here are sky flowers. Way up in heaven...
- [Near End] Sky flowers don't work no more.
- Pillsbury: Yellow to red!
- Motown: What the fuck does a Samoan know about hot-wiring a fucking car?
- Pillsbury: 50,000 cars stolen in Samoa every year.
- Motown: Well, a million in Detroit.
- Pillsbury: Detroit has 50 million cars. Samoa, 50,000. Every one stolen.
- Slack: Charlie, why do you lick your rifle?
- Charlie: Catches the light.
- Slack: What light? How can you see anything?
- Charlie: Good eye.
- Kaufman: [Kaufman gets in his private underground limo, while his driver opens the garage door] Careful when you open that door.
- [Big Daddy appears, and attempts to get into the limo. His driver sees this, and runs out the garage door, leaving Kaufman in the limo]
- Driver: Goodbye, Mr. K!
- Kaufman: Get back here, you bastard! You've got the fucking keys!
- [as Kaufman walks out of the elevator with two bags in his hands]
- Board Member: What's in the bags?
- Kaufman: Money.
- Board Member: Whose money?
- [Kaufman reaches for his gun]
- Kaufman: Watch out, Get down! Quick!
- [pulls him down and shoots him]
- Kaufman: ...Ours.
- [Riley calls and tells Kaufman that they have got Dead Reckoning and Cholo]
- Kaufman: Its just, I've done something i wouldn't of done otherwise...
- Arena Policeman: What the hell is going on here?
- Riley: Someone shot the little fat man.
- Arena Policeman: Yes. I can see that.
- Riley: [about the fireworks] Put some flowers in the graveyard.
- Charlie: Put some flowers in the graveyard. How come you call them that, Riley? I don't get it. There here ain't the kind of flowers you lay on the ground, these here are sky flowers. Way up in heaven...
- Riley: That's why I love you, Charlie, 'cause you still believe in heaven.
- Cholo: [a shot is fired] What the hell's that?
- Brubaker: Oh, that's just target practice.
- [scene cuts to soldiers]
- Veteran Soldier: There's nothing there, man.
[he's attacked by Big Daddy and screams]
- Cholo: OK, so what the hell's that, screaming practice?
- Riley: [Slack shoots open the door, startling him] What the fuck are you doing?
- Slack: I'm making myself useful!
- Riley: Make sure she doesn't hurt herself.
- Slack: I can take care of myself, ok?
- Riley: Fine. Charlie, make sure she doesn't hurt anyone else.
- Mike: It's like a bad dream.
- Charlie: I have bad dreams. Hell, yes. Just look at me, you can tell I have terrible dreams.
- Charlie: What happened, Riley, did you get fucked?
- Homeless man: Ha-ha! You got fucked!
- [Driver of "Dead Rekoning" about to shoot Big Daddy's group]
- Riley: No. They're just looking for a place to go. Same as us.
- [over the phone]
- Riley: The fences are still hot. We can't cut the juice from here.
- Soldier: We've been trying to call the power station. There's no one left over there.
- Soldier 2: [sees zombies advancing] We got to get the fuck out of here!
- Soldier: There's no one left here, either.
- [hangs up and runs]
- Simon Baker - Riley
- John Leguizamo - Cholo
- Dennis Hopper - Kaufman
- Asia Argento - Slack
- Robert Joy - Charlie
- Eugene Clark - Big Daddy
- Pedro Miguel Arce - Pillsbury
- Krista Bridges - Motown
- Joanne Boland - Pretty Boy
- Tony Nappo - Foxy
- Jennifer Baxter - Number 9
- Boyd Banks - Butcher (Zombie)
- Max McCabe - Mouse (as Maxwell McCabe-Lokos)
- Tony Munch - Anchor
- Shawn Roberts - Mike
All context information in [brackets] quoted from www.imdb.com