Legends of the Fall
Legends of the Fall is a 1994 film based on the 1979 novella of the same title by Jim Harrison. It was directed by Edward Zwick and stars Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn. The film won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography, but it did not do as well as expected at the box office.
The movie's timeframe spans the decade before World War I through the Prohibition Era, and into the 1930s, ending with a brief scene set in 1963. The film centers on the Ludlow family of Montana, including veteran of the Indian Wars Colonel Ludlow, his three sons Alfred, Tristan, and Samuel, and object of the brothers' love, Susannah.
- Anthony Hopkins as Col. William Ludlow
- Gordon Tootoosis as One Stab
- Brad Pitt as Tristan Ludlow
- Aidan Quinn as Alfred Ludlow
- Henry Thomas as Samuel Ludlow
- Paul Desmond as Decker
- Tantoo Cardinal as Pet Decker
- Karina Lombard as Isabel Two Decker Ludlow
- Julia Ormond as Susannah Fincannon Ludlow
- John Novak as James O'Banion
- Robert Wisden as John T. O'Banion
- It's hard to tell with happiness, time goes by and we feel us safe too soon.
- Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy... or they become legend.
- Forever turned out to be too long Tristan
- Because you love her I will forgive you for that, once. ONCE! But you say that again and we are not brothers.
- You know when Samuel died I cursed God. And yet I damned everyone around me including myself.
- Stab speak english?! Ha! He wouldnt lower himself to speak english would you stab?!