Life or Something Like It
There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
- Directed by Stephen Herek. Written by John Scott Shepherd and Dana Stevens.
- Someone once said, "Live everyday as if it were you last, cause one of these, it's gonna be." Jack was right, a part of me did die that day, the part of me that didn't know how to live. What the future holds, Jack knows. But when I talk to him, I make sure we only talk about sports and weather.
- Pete Scanlon: Do you have another camerman who can make look like a natural blonde?
- Lanie Kerrigan: I'm a TV personality. My hair is my trademark. Just like the "I don't like to shower" look is your trademark.
- Deborah Connors: You... go.
- Lanie Kerrigan: You mean like "you go girl"
- Deborah Connors: No, just go.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Well, I hope your happy.
- Pete Scanlon: Define happiness.
- Lanie Kerrigan: Your death.
- Andrea: You're late.
- Lanie Kerrigan: I'm not late. You're early.
- Andrea: I ate cheese.
- Cal Cooper: Is this your breaking up with me? Well, will you think about it for a minute?
- Lanie Kerrigan: A minute just seems like a really long time to waste.
- Lanie Kerrigan: I met a homeless guy and he had a vision.
- Cal Cooper: What like ESPN?
- Lanie Kerrigan: No, he had ESP! There's no N.
- Prophet Jack: Watch your step on your way out.
- [Lanie trips in a crack and breaks the heel off her shoe]
- Lanie Kerrigan: Saw that in a vision, did you?
- Prophet Jack: No, I trip in that crack all the time.
- Pete Scanlon: Did you ever hear the saying "A picture holds a thousands words."
- Lanie Kerrigan: That's only for people like you who don't know a thousand words.
- Pete Scanlon: I know two, and the first one begins with an "F".
- Lanie Kerrigan: What would you do if you only had a week to live.
- Pete Scanlon: I would go to all the people I care about, and I would try memorize their faces.
- Destiny is what you make of it.
- What if you only had seven days to live.
|Angelina Jolie||Lanie Kerrigan|
|Edward Burns||Pete Scanlon|
|Tony Shalhoub||Prophet Jack|
|Christian Kane||Cal Cooper|
|James Gammon||Pat Kerrigan|
|Stockard Channing||Deborah Connors|