A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.Woodrow Wyatt
Quotes regarding Literature
- That doesn't matter. Don't you give up on this [library] card. Because books can be solid gold. Yeah, the great ones have gotten us through the nights for centuries. Just give a writer an hour to hook you and if he can't wish him the best of luck and find someone else.
- [Literature is] an organised violence committed on ordinary speech.
- From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend to read it.
- Henry James writes fiction as if it were a painful duty.
- If my books had been any worse I should not have been invited to Hollywood, and if they had been any better I should not have come.
- It's not that he 'bites off more than he can chew' but he chews more than he bites off.
- The covers of this book are too far apart.
- We have met too late. You are too old for me to have any effect on you.
- Where were you fellows when the paper was blank?
- Fred Allen, after writers had heavily edited his script
- Why don't you write books people can read?
- Mrs. Nora Joyce to her husband, James Joyce
- Your manuscript is both good and original; but the part that is good is not original, and the part that is original is not good.