Lords of Dogtown
To love one child and to love all children, whether living or dead—somewhere these two loves come together. To love a no-good but humble punk and to love an honest man who believes himself to be an honest man—somewhere these, too, come together.Marguerite Duras
- Dude, you just got patty slapped.
- [as the Z-Boys drive by two elderly women on the street] Hey! Kiss me, granny! Love to get me some of that vintage ass!
- [after Skip comes and slaps Tony across the face with his burger] Dude, he took my burger.
- Gabrielle: Hey! You totally blew me away!
- Jay: What? You wanna blow me? [the Z-Boys laugh]
- Gabrielle: [as she's being pulled away by her friend] Maybe!
- Sid: [the Z-Boys want to drain and skate Sid's pool] No way, my dad said "Sid, are you high?"
- Jay: Tell him we'll fill it back up when we're done.
- Sid: He said if you got hurt, you'd sue us.
- Jay: We're not gonna sue you.
- Sid: He said your parents would.
- Stacy: Our parents can't even afford lawyers.
- Tony: Hey, let me talk to him.
- Sid: Sorry, the only Mexicans my father talks to push lawn-mowers.
- Stacy: Skip called me bro!
- Kathy: Skip called you bro?>
- Stacy: Yeah, he said bro!
- Kathy: No, he didn't.
- Stacy: Yes, he did. He said you look hungry, bro.
- Kathy: He said you look hungry, bro?
- Stacy: Yes, totally!
- Kathy: Skip Engbloom doesn't call anybody bro. [laughs]
- John Robinson — Stacy
- Emile Hirsch — Jay
- Victor Rasuk — Tony
- Nikki Reed — Kathy
- Heath Ledger — Skip
- Elden Henson — Billy Z
- Michael Angarano — Sid