Quotes regarding Love (listed alphabetically by author):
- The Encyclopedia Galactica, in its chapter on Love states that it is far too complicated to define. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: Avoid, if you are able to."
- The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
- Loving each other is half of wisdom.
- Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
- Rabbi Julius Gordon
- Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.
- Where there is love, distance doesn't matter.
- Where there is real love, there is no selfishness.
- Who sings of all of Love's eternity
Who shines so bright
In all the songs of Love's unending spells?
Holy lightning strikes all that's evil
Teaching us to love for goodness sake.
Hear the music of Love Eternal
Teaching us to reach for goodness sake.
- All our young lifes we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope. All the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.
- Kevin Arnold (Daniel Stern) narrating in The Wonder Years (1988)
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- Love is the victim's response to the rapist.
- Love isn't love if you didn't hurt someone.
- Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
- We must love one another or die.
- Love lasts so long because we are gradually learning more and more about the initial personality that one fell in love with at first sight, or came to fall in love over time. (And in the latter case, once actualized, the lovers would fall in love at first sight if it happened again.) And we are continually falling/rising in love with the growing and evolving person that shares our life with us.
Successful love is rational..
- One completed soul takes two brave hearts.
- Love is a strange emotion. When one thinks of it, a conflicting multitude of thoughts arise. Love is pitiful and marvelous, empowering and parasitic. It is hideous; it is beautiful. It is weak and strong at the same time. Love has started wars, ended wars, caused the depression and death of millions, as well as caused uncountable others to be thrown to the heights of ecstasy. So is love truly such a pure, lovely thing? I think it is a mixture of both. Just as nothing is purely good or evil, so is love.
- When I saw you, I was afraid of meeting you.
When I met you, I was afraid of kissing you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I'm afraid of losing you.
- Anonymous The Voice Of Love by Silard Somorjay(soundtrack)Movie;The Streets of Beijing.
Video Art Beijing
- The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.
- The opposite of loneliness, it's not togetherness. It is intimacy.
- As for the other losses, the poet's relation doth well figure them: that he that preferred Helena, quitted the gifts of Juno and Pallas. For whosoever esteemeth too much of amorous affection, quitteth both riches and wisdom.
- The stage is more beholding to love, than the life of man. For as to the stage, love is ever matter of comedies, and now and then of tragedies; but in life it doth much mischief; sometimes like a siren, sometimes like a fury.
- There is in man's nature, a secret inclination and motion, towards love of others, which if it be not spent upon some one or a few, doth naturally spread itself towards many, and maketh men become humane and charitable; as it is seen sometime in friars.
- There was never proud man thought so absurdly well of himself, as the lover doth of the person loved; and therefore it was well said, That it is impossible to love, and to be wise.
- Love means never having to say you're sorry.
- Oliver Barrett IV (Ryan O’Neal) in Love Story, (1970)
- I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Love me for love's sake, that evermore thou may'st love on, through love's eternity'.
- If you say, I love you, then you have already fallen in love with language, which is already a form of break up and infidelity.
- Il faut plus d'amour dans le monde.
- More love is needed in the world.
- Scott Beck
- True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another.
- Love is a battlefield.
- Love demands all, and has a right to all.
- ... love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave.Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord.
- The Bible, Song of Solomon 8:6
- If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
- The Bible, I Corinthians 13:1-2
- Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.... And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
- The Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8 (New King James Version) and an alternative "take":
- God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.
- The Bible, 1 John 4:16b
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- The Bible, 1 John 4:18
- Love thy neighbor as thyself.
- The Bible, Leviticus 19:18
- Stay with me flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
- The Bible, Song of Solomon 2:5
- Alternate translation: "Strengthen me with flagons of wine, refresh me with apples; for sick of love am I."
- I adjure you, o daughters of Jerusalem, that you stir not up nor awaken love until it please.
- The Bible, Song of Solomon 8:4
- Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.
- The Bible, Song of Solomon 8:7
- Alternative translation: "Many waters are not able to quench love, nor can the rivers flood it away."
- Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage or by the removal of the patient from the influences under which he incurred the disorder. This disease, like caries and many other ailments, is prevalent only among civilized races living under artificial conditions; barbarous nations breathing pure air and eating simple food enjoy immunity from its ravages. It is sometimes fatal, but more frequently to the physician than to the patient.
- You are at the begining of your life, perhaps you will have many loves, but if you are fortunate, you will have only one love.
- Jollee Bindo, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- If a thing loves, it is infinite.
- If everything is imperfect in this imperfect world, love is most perfect in its perfect imperfection.
- Life is never perfect, and love is never what you want it to be. I don't know where we will end up, but I do know that we share a love. As we enter this new phase in our relationship, I feel a chance to begin again. Everyone knows how pearls are made, sand in an oysters mouth... Well our love has encountered and will continue to encounter "sand" and other trouble... But as we work the best we can, we can make our own pearls. Someday when we are old and grey, we both will stand hand in hand on a beach of pearls and watch the waves come in, and know that our love has conquered all that has attempted to shatter it, and together we will be victorious.
- Sometimes you have to find yourself. And when you do you realize that you may have lost what you wanted in the first place. And you find your self missing something, like a kiss or a word and you hate yourself for not being more forgiving. By then you realize that the one you hurt will never want you. And you know that when you face the uncertain horizon you do so with love that will never fade, but will always grace the intended from afar.
- The only victory over love is flight.
- Napoléon Bonaparte during the first few days of his exile
- All I have is my love of love and love is not loving.
- David Bowie song Soul Love
- A man has only one escape from his old self — to see a different self in the mirror of some woman's eyes.
- Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists.
- Take away love, and our earth is a tomb.
- There are never enough I Love You's.
- Love can be compared to a double-edged serrated sword. It offers the most divine, and most preferable protection and joy that anyone could ever want. But, when it goes away, we are scarred and hurt beyond all imagination. Anyone and everyone who has felt the sting, bite, and poison of unrecquited or lost love knows what it is like to die a living death.
- Elan Buckley
- Happiness comes more from loving then being loved; and often when our affection seems wounded it is only our vanity bleeding. To love, and to be hurt often, and to love again - this is the brave and happy life.
- Do you know what it means to come home at night to a man who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
- George Burns
- The gift is what you get by giving more than you receive and you're learning fast that maybe this is how you'll be happy. Because in taking everything you lost the air you need to breathe but in giving it away you find the precious thing you seek.
- Blue Song The gift
- Nous nous trompons toujours deux fois sur ceux que nous aimons: d`abord à leur avantage, puis à leur désavantage.
- That's love too. It ain't sex, and maybe that's too bad, but you know, Cindy, when a man and a woman care for each other, that doesn't always mean they have to sleep together or live together.
- You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
- You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
- Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. There are three things that last faith, hope and love, and love is the greatest of these.
- Landon Carter in A Walk to Remember (2002)- paraphase of the 1 Cor. 13
- "To be in love is to love an ideal within yourself. To love is to love no ideal but love within itself."
- Where there is the greatest love, there are always miracles.
- Your heart is my school, so learn me the alphabet of love.
- Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendoured thing-love lifts us up where we belong! All you need is love.
- Christian (Ewan McGregor) in Moulin Rouge (2001)
- Love is like a spice. It can sweeten your life – however, it can spoil it, too.
- Love lives on hope, and dies when hope is dead; It is a flame which sinks for lack of fuel.
- Love is a sickness.. a disease.. it is the breakdown of one's mind.. it is the sudden rush that occurs in your heart that leads to unusual behavior and irrational actions. It also decreases your reaction time and lowers your pace in a certain amount of degree. If this happens to you, then you've fallen for it, you're in love.
- unlove's the heavenless hell and homeless home... lovers alone wear sunlight.
- Love does not fail for you when you are rejected or betrayed or apparently not loved. Love fails for you when you reject, betray, and do not love.
- We need not think alike to love alike.
- If we seek the pleasures of love, passion should be occasional, and common sense continual.
- Robertson Davies, "The Pleasures of Love," in Saturday Night (23 December 1961); reprinted in The Enthusiasms of Robertson Davies (1990)
- Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone-but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.
- Bette Davis (1908-89), U.S. screen actor. The Lonely Life, ch. 19 (1962).
- Love is watching someone die.
- The more you judge, the less you love.
- Love not what you are, but what you may become.
- Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. . . . When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.
- Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great.
- It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
- Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
- To love is not to look at one another, but to look together in the same direction.
- Young people everywhere have been allowed to choose between love and a garbage disposal unit. Everywhere they have chosen the garbage disposal unit.
- "For love all love of other sights controls and makes one little room an everywhere"-
- "There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio: What is sacred? Of what is spirit made? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is only love."
- … What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
- Love is love's reward.
- John Dryden (1631-1700)
- Pure love and suspicion cannot dwell together: at the door where the latter enters, the former makes its exit.
- Even stones have a love, a love that seeks the ground.
- I was not, I lived and loved, I am not.
- Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do — but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.
- [Alternatively phrased as:] Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
- Love is most nearly itself when here and now cease to matter.
- Love ain't nothing but sex misspelled.
- Harlan Ellison, Title of book (1968)
- A mind might ponder its thought for an epoch, and not gain so much self-knowledge as the passion of love shall teach in a day.
- He who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it possesses.
- He is not a lover who does not love forever.
- When two hearts race, both win.
- Dove Chocolate Promise Message
- "It is complicated, stunning, it turns you upside down, but to find the person who completes you is the best sensation that someone may feel one day. It is like it was an encounter with your own, and as such, of course, it scares, it makes you think all your life over again; and you find out, at the end, that you were nothing before knowing the true love, and that, after it, you are past, you are annihilated if you don't have, even if it is for one single day, your special soul by your side."
- All the ill that is in us comes from fear, and all the good from love.
- If you have the courage to love then you should have the courage to suffer too.
- Love has no uttermost, as the stars have no number and the sea no rest.
- You've got to be a gentleman in the parlour... But an animal in the bedroom!
- Just one step at a time
And closer to destiny
I knew at a glance
There'd always be a chance for me
With someone I could live for
Nowhere I would rather be.
Is your love strong enough
Like a rock in the sea?
Am I asking too much?
Is your love strong enough?
- I wish I could take what I'm feeling right now and put it in the water system so everybody could drink it and we would all love each other.
- Jamie Foxx, Golden Globes 2005
- I love love
I love being in love
I don't care what it does to me
- The Format, in "Inches and Failing"
- I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found.
- Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality.
- If a person loves only one other person and is indifferent to the rest of his fellow men, his love is not love but a symbiotic attachment, or an enlarged egotism.
- Erich Fromm, Art of Loving (1957)
- For every lover is, in his head, a madman and in his heart a minstrel.
- "The hardest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- Nothing is impossible for pure love.
- Laughter is the harmony of friends, the melody of love.
- "There is love, there is love
To be found With the Gods all gone And the souls making sounds In the worst way, in the worst way In the worst way"
- Lisa Germano "From a Shell"
- And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit. For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.
- Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love.
- Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
- And think not you can direct the course of love; for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
- We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
- Und wenn ich dich lieb habe, was geht's dich an?
- If I love you, what business is it of yours?
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre IV, 9
- Love gives us in a moment what we can hardly attain by effort after years of toil.
- Das ist die wahre Liebe, die immer und immer sich gleich bleibt; wenn man ihr alles gewährt, wenn man ihr alles versagt.
- True love is love that stays constant for ever, whatever it's fortune; whether requited or scored, filled or sent empty away.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- To love and lost and love again, takes more than just the desire, but also the courage to take the first step again.
- The bottom line is that love, like everything else in life that really matters, requires genuine effort. Cuddles and kisses go a long way towards making love last, but they aren't enough by themselves.
- Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
- Love, the strongest and deepest element in all life, the harbinger of hope, of joy, of ecstasy; love, the defier of all laws, of all conventions; love, the freest, the most powerful moulder of human destiny; how can such an all-compelling force be synonymous with that poor little State and Church-begotten weed, marriage?
Free love? As if love is anything but free! Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love. Man has subdued bodies, but all the power on earth has been unable to subdue love. Man has conquered whole nations, but all his armies could not conquer love. Man has chained and fettered the spirit, but he has been utterly helpless before love. High on a throne, with all the splendor and pomp his gold can command, man is yet poor and desolate, if love passes him by. And if it stays, the poorest hovel is radiant with warmth, with life and color. Thus love has the magic power to make of a beggar a king. Yes, love is free; it can dwell in no other atmosphere.
- Emma Goldman, "Marriage and Love" in Anarchism and Other Essays (1911)
- We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.
- Love is giving someone the power to hurt you but trusting him/her not to.
- Love is like, when someone defecates on your shoes you don't care!
- Max Harper
- Real love is always fated. It has been arranged before time. It is the most meticulously prepared of coincidences. And fate, of course, is simply a secular term for the will of God, and coincidence for His grace.
- There cannot be love without suffering in one form or another.
- Ema Hathaway
- If you fall in love the right way, you'll never have to hit the ground.
- Ema Hathaway
- Love and absence are like a gust of wind and fire. The breeze will extinguish a match but inflame a bonfire.
- Emanuel "E-Man" Hathaway
- Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy — in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace.
- The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.
- If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are.
- The love we give away is the only love we keep.
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather loved in spite of ourselves.
- Love partakes of the soul itself. It is of the same nature. Like the soul, it is a divine spark; it is incorruptible, indivisible, imperishable. It is a point of fire within us, which is immortal and infinite, which nothing can limit and nothing can extinguish. We feel it burning even in the marrow of our bones, and we see it radiate even to the depths of the sky.
- To love or to have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life. To love is a consummation.
- There is scarcely anything else in the world but that: to love one another.
- When two people are at one in their inmost hearts, they shatter even the strength of iron or bronze; and when two people understand each other in their inmost hearts, their words are sweet and strong like the fragrance of orchids.
- With love and patience, nothing is impossible.
- Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you, the one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
- If I was to make a list of everything I love about you, that list would never end because at the rate it takes to name them all I find even more.
- Love hurts when you don't know how to handle it. Cuts like a blade, burns like a flame, and curses like death.
- Kenn R.C. Jimena
- But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
- Jesus, Matthew 5:44 - 45 (KJV)
- When the evening of this life comes, we shall be judged on Love.
- Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. . . . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.
- Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- Time will come that all that we love, we will eventually lose, and all that we hate we will eventually face.
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
- I show you my love by giving you a portion of my life that i can never get back
- The truth of love is the truth of the universe: it is the lamp of the soul that reveals the secrets of darkness.
- You are what you love, not what loves you.
- Donald Kaufman (Nicholas Cage) in Adaptation (film)
- My mind has been the most discontented and restless one that ever was put into a body too small for it. I never felt my mind repose upon anything with complete and undistracted enjoyment- upon no person but you. When you are in the room my thoughts never fly out the window: you always concentrate my whole senses.
- John Keats, Letters to Fanny
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless.
- People think love is an emotion. Love is good sense.
- Love is a word, what matters is the connection that word implies.
- Rama Chandra (Bernard White), The Matrix Revolutions
- Everyone can be great because anyone can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't even have to make your subject and verb agree to serve...You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.
- Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
- It's love that holds it all together...it's love thats holding back the weather and the same will let it go
- I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame that heals our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other.
- Love is given as much as it's taken - Dinesh Ranasinghe
- True love doesn't need words, true love can speak for itself.
- What will survive of us is love.
- The world is wonderful and beautiful and good beyond one's wildest imagination. Never, never, never could one conceive what love is, beforehand, never. Life can be great-quite god-like. It can be so. God be thanked I have proved it.
- We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.
- Everything is clearer when you're in love.
- How can I give love when I don't know what it is I'm giving?
- John Lennon, 'How?'
- Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
- Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
- There is nothing more painful than seeing someone you love loving someone else. But there is nothing more rewarding than seeing two people you love loving each other.
- Don't be afraid of showing affection. Be warm and tender, thoughtful and affectionate. Men are more helped by sympathy than by service. Love is more than money, and a kind word will give more pleasure than a present.
- Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another.
- Love can be re-kindled as a flame can flare up from a snuffed out candle.
- Love isn't easy, if love was easy everyone would be in love.
- Love depends on good behaviours; When you behave nicely everyone can fall in love with you.
- By Syeda
- Love is like an iceberg; ten per cent is on the surface, the other ninety is found deeper down.
- What can be received
But never stolen?
Can be sought
But never sold?
Can be learnt
But never taught?
Can be felt
But never touched?
- Conor Macfarlane
- Now all we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror.Later we will see him face to face.We don’t know everything, but then we will, just as God completely understands us.For now there are Faith, Hope, and Love. Of these three, the greatest is Love. But Hope and Faith are still pretty hot.
- He who loves the more is the inferior and must suffer.
- It is love, not reason, that is stronger than death.
- And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
- Professor Marvel in Wizard of Oz
- Love is not an attraction and its even not a kiss, it is the pain you get when someone you really miss.
- Love Quotes by Manns Love Quotes
- Give in to love, or live in fear.
- Mimi Marquez, "Another Day", Rent
- We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person
- We don't love qualities, we love persons; sometimes by reason of their defects as well as of their qualities.
- To him she seemed so beautiful, so seductive, so different from ordinary people, that he could not understand why no one was as disturbed as he by the clicking of her heels on the paving stones, why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils, why everyone did not go mad with the movements of her braid, the flight of her hands, the gold of her laughter. He had not missed a single one of her gestures, not one of the indications of her character, but he did not dare approach her for fear of destroying the spell.
- This world is full of beauty, as other worlds above, and if we did our duty, it might be as full of love.
- No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved.
- In love you pour so much of yourself into one thing, you want it so badly and you focus on nothing but love, and you give and give, until one day you discover you can't give anymore and you're left with a bitter cynical husk.
- Love is our true destiny.
- When someone hurts you, cry a river, Build a bridge and get over it!.
- And if I loved you Wednesday,
Well, what is that to you?
I do not love you Thursday -
So much is true.
- "True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend..."
- Give love and forget that you gave it.
- The heart that has truly loved never forgets
But as truly loves on to the close.
- Writing your name on my hand [I am stuck in the past]
Doodling hearts around the edges [I miss you so]
I will never grow up. [If I do, please-please-please, grow old with me].
- Sarah M.
- Love has a hem to her garment that reaches to the very dust. It sweeps the stains from the streets and lanes, and because it can, it must.
- Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
- I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- It's not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving.
- We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love.
- The success of love is in the loving- it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done.
- That's what love is. It's the never-ending dedication to one person.
- True love is not measured in hugs and kisses, but in struggles and fears, and those who can work though those...they possess true love.
- What is love but that which poisons the body, clouds the mind, yet envigorates the soul.
- My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.
- Love is a journey of life.
- B.S Lim
- No one loves you more than you
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightfowardingly, without complexeties or pride. So I love you because I know no other way than this...
- That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.
- There is always some madness in love. But there is always reason in the madness.
- "How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved. Let's just hope that is enough."
- "Love's an excuse to get hurt. And to hurt."
- To love, for us men, is to clasp one woman with our arms, feeling that she lives and breathes just as we do, suffers as we do, thinks with us, loves with us, and, above all, sins with us.
- If you deceive someone, you lose one of life's greatest treasures, you lose the capacity to trust. Because without trust, love is not possible.
- Nobody can teach you love. Love you have to find yourself, within your being, by raising your consciousness to higher levels. And when love comes, there is no question of responsibility. You do things because you enjoy doing them for the person you love. You are not obliging the person, you are not even wanting anything in return, not even gratitude. On the contrary, you are grateful that the person has allowed you to do something for him. It was your joy, sheer joy. Love knows nothing of responsibility. It does many things, it is very creative; it shares all that it has, but it is not a responsibility, remember. Responsibility is an ugly word in comparison to love. Love is natural. Responsibility is created by the cunning priests, politicians who want to dominate you in the name of God, in the name of the nation, in the name of family, in the name of religion -- any fiction will do. But they don't talk about love. On the contrary, they are all against love, because love is unable to be controlled by them. A man of love acts out of his own heart, not according to any moral code. A man of love will not join the army because it is his responsibility to fight for his nation. A man of love will say there are no nations, and there is no question of any fight.
- "To be loved, love. (Si vis amari, ama.)
Love is more then just saying it...you have got to believe it Denise Maynard
- Make me into anything, but just love me.
- The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing.
- What did my hands do before they held you?.
- Love is nothing more than instinct; a feeling that some require to live out instinctual urges. A feeling most do not realize is unnessecary. I want it more than anything.
- Self-love seems so often unrequited.
- "And what would humans be without love?"
Rare, said Death.
- Terry Pratchett, in ‘’Sourcery’’
- At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
- To love is to live.
- Amoris vulnus idem sanat, qui facit.
- Translation: The wounds of love can only be healed by the one who made them.
- Syrus Publilius
- There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness
- It is complicated, stunning, it turns you upside down, but to find the person who completes you is the best sensation that someone may feel one day. It is like it was an encounter with your own, and as such, of course, it scares, it makes you think all your life over again; and you find out, at the end, that you were nothing before knowing the true love, and that, after it, you are past, you are annihilated if you don't have, even if it is for one single day, your special soul by your side.
- In love, I am ignored as if I were yelling in deafland.
- I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.
- Gilda Radner, 1946-1989
- It has been wisely said that we cannot really love anybody at whom we never laugh.
- You can give all the gifts in the world to the one you have chosen, but the everlasting one will always remain the deed of a kind word.
- Love can be the most wonderful feeling you will ever experience.. It can also be the worst pain your heart will ever feel.. Left all alone in love, ones soul slowly dies.. keeping ones love alive. ///
- That´s love: Two lonely persons keep each other safe and touch each other and talk to each other.
- We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
- True love doesn’t come to you; it has to be inside of you.
- Julia Roberts
- Love must have wings to fly away from love, and to fly back again.
- No act of love is ever wasted.
- I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.
- When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
- Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.
- Love's stranglehold on life is what created it, what formed it's faith, and what did not stain it's objective.
- Love your neighbor as yourself, but don't take down the fence.
- I'm not gonna let you even if you let yourself let the love go away.
- Love each other or perish.
- The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
- Only through love can we obtain communion with God.
- We that are true lovers run into strange capers; but as all is mortal in nature, so is all nature in love mortal in folly.
- "They do not love that do not show their love
- Not that I lov'd Caesar less, but that I lov'd Rome more.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- Then must you speak Of One that lov'd not wisely but too well.
- Love's gentle spring doth always fresh remain
- Love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better.
- Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind.
- "For stony limits cannot hold love out, and what love can do, that dares love attempt"
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
- Journeys end in lovers meeting, Every wise man's son doth know.
- For where thou art, there is the world itself, and where though art not, desolation
- When you depart from me sorrow abides, and happiness takes his leave.
- Good night, sweet friend: thy love ne'er alter, till thy sweet life end
- "Upon thy cheek I lay this zealous kiss, as seal to the indenture of my love
- Doubt thou the stars are fire. Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar. But never doubt my love.
- I can express no kinder sign of love, than this kind kiss.
- Love is a gift, a love, a sin, and a brutal weapon. You just have to grab it right.
- Love is drunk and blind. All it needs is a helping hand.
- Love is a cage whose key is given to you lover, they can help you or leave you. But the cage will decay over time. And some of your heart decays with it.
- I feel all tingly inside...I'm in love! No wait it's a stroke. (In the ambulance) No wait! It IS love!
- All love is sweet,
Given or returned. Common as light is love,
And its familiar voice wearies not ever.
- True love in this differs from gold and clay, that to divide is not to take away. Love is like understanding, that grows bright, gazing on many truths...
- Love's pain is very sweet.
- We never lose anything when we give. When you give Love, do you find that you have less love in your heart?
- Love is the beginning and end of spirituality
- The night has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one; Yet the light of the world dies with the dying sun. The mind has a thousand eyes, and the heart but one; yet the light of a whole life dies when love is done.
- All goodness in the world comes from love.
- The feeling of love - is a fervent desire of goodness to a man.
- Simon Soloveychik, Parenting for Everyone (1989)
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; that word is love.
- The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it's over.
- But love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.
- In uncertainty I am certain that underneath their topmost layers of frailty men want to be good and want to be loved. Indeed most of their vices are attempted short cuts to love. When a man comes to die, no matter what his talents and influence and genius, if he dies unloved his life must be a failure to him and his dying a cold horror.
- You know you're in love when you can't sleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- In love we are poets. In marriage we are philosophers.
- Leonid S. Sukhorukov, All About Everything (2005)
- I could give you the stars, I could give you the sea, I could give you whatever you want if you give me a kiss.
- She asked me what love was, I just simply replied, you and me.
- "How come we don't always know when love begins, but we always know when it ends?
- The greatest pleasure is love.
- It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
- The love of my life came not as love unto others is cast; for mine was a secret wound - but the wound grew a pearl, at last.
- There is no remedy for love but to love more.
- Love is just another chemical imbalance.
- They say it is to know the union with love that the soul takes union with the body.
- Tiruvalluvar, Tirukkural: 73
- The throb of life is love. Without it, humans are bodies of bones clad with skin.
- Tiruvalluvar, Tirukkural: 80
- A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.
- All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
- What's love, but a second-hand emotion.
- Love is a madness; if thwarted it develops fast.
- True love is the only heart disease that is best left to run on.
- When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.
- Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of growths.
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Love is the best feeling in the world, but when it ends...it's the worst!
- One love, we get to share it, leaves you baby if you don't care for it.
- True love never can be rent, but only true love can keep beauty innocent. You can run from love, and if it's really love it will find you, catch you by the heel, but you can't be numb for love. How can I hurt when I'm holding you? The soul needs beauty for a soulmate. When the soul wants, the soul waits...for love and sex and faith and fear.
- The soul wants, the soul waits. And I could never take a chance of losing love to find romance.
- You say love is a temple, love a higher law. You ask me to enter, then you make me crawl, and I can't keep holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt.
- Destiny Decides Who You Meet In Your Life,But Only Your Heart Decides Who Gets To Stay In Your Life.. Treasure The One You Wish To Stay With, And Live Live Without Regrets.
- The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others.
- Love is a flame that can't be tamed.
- How do I know when it's love? I can't tell you, but it lasts forever.
- Love is not an emotion, or feeling; it's a possession, and once you have it you are whole.
- T vendetta
- Omnia vincit Amor; et nos cedamus Amori.
- Translation: "Love conquers all; and let us submit to love".
- To love and be loved, is to feel the Sun from both sides.
- If somebody says, "I love you", to me, I feel as though I had a pistol pointed at my head. What can anybody reply under such conditions but that which the pistol-holder requires? "I love you, too".
- Why only hate? Where does love remain? Or at least a little decency toward other people?
- Friedrich Kellner, 1940.
- The world moves for love; it kneels before it in awe.
- Edward Walker (William Hurt), in The Village
- The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident.
- Sir Hugh Walpole
- An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge.
- Love is a minefield. You take a step and get blown to pieces, put yourself back together again and stupidly take another step. I guess that's human nature. It hurts so much to be alone that we'd all rather blow up than be single.
- Kate Welles (Famke Janssen) in Love & Sex (2000)
- Always love your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
- Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women like to be a man's last romance.
- The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life long romance.
- Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love; it is the faithless who know love's tragedies.
- When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one's self, and one always ends by deceiving others.
- Even in the most perfect love one person loves less profoundly than the other.
- There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.
- 'Stop talking about love. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing.'
'But it's true-'
'Still doesn't mean anything. What you feel only matters to you. It is what you do to the people you love; that's what matters. That's the only thing that counts.'
- Love is the true antithesis of fear. It expands where fear constricts. It embraces where fear repels.
- Marion Woodman and Elinor Dickson, Dancing in the Flames: The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness, p. 45 (1997)
- It was in prison that we found the hope of salvation for the Communists. It was there that we developed a sense of responsibility toward them. It was in being tortured by them that we learned to love them. - Richard Wurmbrand, Tortured For Christ, p. 58 (1967).
- A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others
- There is a fine line between giving love and making love. One last forever and the other lasts for a night
- True love is the Devil's crowbar.
- A pity beyond all telling
Is hid in the heart of love...
- How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face.
- Man is in love and loves what vanishes,
What more is there to say?
- No man has ever lived that had enough
Of children’s gratitude or woman’s love.
- There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.
- This section is for widely quoted statements by authors unknown or Anonymous
- Love can be magic. But magic is merely an illusion.
- It takes a minute to find someone special, an hour to appreciate them and a day to love them, but an entire lifetime to forget them.
- Love is a sweet tyranny because the lover endures his torments willingly.
- Hate the sin and love the sinner.
- Often attributed to Mohandas Gandhi
- Amish Proverb
- In the act of loving someone you arm them against you.
- The laws of love are written in the heart of every human being by the hand of God.
- To love the king is not bad, but a king who loves you is better.
- True understanding is deeper in meaning than mere words, and is important for its result, not petty rhetoric. Those who can verbalize their happiness have little happiness to speak of. My love has grown so much that I can't tell even half of it in words.
- A paraphrasing of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
- Whenever you give your time, you are making a sacrifice, and sacrifice is the essence of love.
- True love doesn't have a happy ending: True love doesn't have an ending.
- You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her.
- Love isn't blind... It only sees what really matters.
- Love is the only reason you're not losing your sanity. I lost my love, then I lost my sanity.
- When you love someone, you took a risk of breaking your heart.
- One cannot spell TRUE LOVE without U.
- Love is like moon. It rotates around the Earth and follows it until the end of time. So does love.
- Love is the greatest feeling, because it can make you do something that seemed impossible just a minute ago, but it can also make you sit in agony, and you can't stop it; the pain is not physical, it's inside you, eating at you slowly, until you see her again, and do the impossible again.
- Between heartbreak and breaking every bone in the body... I would choose the obvious.
- Love is an illusion.
- Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you but trusting them not to.
- One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.
- Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
- It's not my fault I fell in love with you, you're the one who tripped me.
- One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.
- It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.
- One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else.
- The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.
- Tears are the words the heart can't express.
- True love burns the brightest, but the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.
- To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.
- It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone- but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
- Love is like a butterfly- if you hold it too tight, you'll crush it. If you hold it too loose, it will fly away.
- I don't miss you, I miss the person I thought you were.
- Love isn't about finding someone you can live with: it's about finding someone you can't live with.
- A boy gave me 12 roses, 11 real and 1 fake. He said 'I will stop loving when the last one dies.'
- Love is like sleep. Sometimes it's deep, sometimes it's not. You will go crazy if you don't have it. Everyone needs it. And no matter what, people always fall back into it.
- It's called 'falling in love' because, inevitably, you crash at the bottom.
- I am 99.9% sure he doesn’t like me. But it’s the 0.1% that keeps me going.
- Love is like war. Easy to start, hard to end, impossible to forget.
- Love is the best thing that can keep you together.
- The highest form of love is bliss that is shared, liberated of the self
- This all exists only because I love you,
the world is here, and it will always be,
the end of everything is only an irony,
as the sun is rising on East,
and it shines for all the ones underneath.
But to me, nothing has to do,
it all exists only because I love you.
I know the meaning of everything because you mean them to me,
being everywhere, or just right here,
there's no place I call home or somewhere to rest my sleep,
the sounds are just noise,
the wind is a hurricane of thorns, and heavy like only the stones can be,
nothing is the same if you are not with me,
it's the only truth,
everything means only because of my love for you.
The way you hear my voice telling you about the tiny subjects,
the way it all comes back in the soft touch of your hand,
and the faithful company that walks along, by my side,
all the way throughout a world of sun that would mean a night everlasting,
of music and images that would turn into empty and nonsense memory...
Without the look of your eyes, without your peace in me,
nothing would have to do...
It all exists only because I love you.
- By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying
- Dorothy Parker, "Unfortunate Coincidence"
- Merry run around
- sailing up and down
- just looking for a shove
- in some direction--
- got it from the top
- it's nothing you can stop
- Lord, you know they
- made a fine connection
- They love each other
- Lord, you can see it's true
- Robert Hunter, lyricist of the Grateful Dead
- Living might mean taking chances,
- but they're worth taking.
- Loving might be a mistake,
- but it's worth making
- Lee Ann Womack
- Escape me ?
- Never -
- Beloved !
- While I am I, and you are you,
- So long as the world
- contains us both,
- Me the loving and you
- the loth,
- While the one eludes, must
- the other persue.
- Love reckons by itself -- alone --
- "As large as I" -- relate the Sun
- To One who never felt it blaze --
- Itself is all the like it has --
- I hold it true, whate'er befall
- I feel it, when I sorrow most;
- 'Tis better to have loved and lost
- Than never to have loved at all.
- If music be the food of love, play on;
- Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
- The appetite may sicken, and so die.
- If thou must love me, let it be for nought
- Except for love's sake only. Do not say,
- I love her for her smile... her look... her way
- Of speaking gently... for a trick of thought
- That falls in well with mine, and, certes, brought
- A sense of pleasant ease on such a day-
- For these things in themselves, Beloved, may
- Be changed, or change for thee-and love so wrought,
- May be unwrought so.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning Sonnets from the Portuguese, Sonnet 14
- Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs
- Being purged, the fire in lovers' eyes,
- Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears.
- What is it? A madness most discreet,
- A choking gall and a preserving sweet.
- Love is not love
- Which alters when it alteration finds,
- Or bends with the remover to remove:
- O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
- That looks on tempests and is never shaken.
- Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
- Within his bending sickle's compass come;
- Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
- But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
- If this be error and upon me prov'd,
- I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.
- My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
- My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
- The more I have, for both are infinite.
- O, how this spring of love resembleth
- The uncertain glory of an April day;
- Which now shows all the beauty of the sun,
- And by and by a cloud takes all away."
- O lyric love, half angel
- and half bird,
- And all a wonder and a
- wild desire !
- You see through love, and that
- deludes your sight,
- As what is straight seems
- crooked through the water.
- John Dryden (1631-1700)
- The breaths are air and they go to the air!
- The tears are water and they go into the sea!
- Tell me women: When love gets forgotten?
- And do you know where it goes?
- When I'm feeling blue
- All I have to do
- Is take a look at you
- And then I'm not so blue
- Lovers that love each other
- can never forget [each other],
- Love is the errant dream,
- from which we don't want to wake up.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version)
- I wrote her name upon the strand,
- but came the waves and washed it away.
- Again I wrote it with a second hand
- but came the tide and made my pains his prey.
- A vain man, said she, who dost in vain,
- assay a mortal thing to immortalise.
- For I shall like to this decay,
- and eke my name be wiped out likewise.
- No so, said I, let baser things
- devise to die in dust.
- My verse your virtues rare shall eternise
- and in the heavens write your glorious name.
- Where, whenas Death has subdued all the earth,
- our love shall live, and later life renew.
- Edmund Spencer
“I love you,
Not only for what you are, But for what I am When I am with you.
I love you, Not only for what You have made of yourself, But for what You are making of me. I love you For the part of me That you bring out; I love you For putting your hand Into my heaped-up heart And passing over All the foolish, weak things That you can’t help Dimly seeing there, And for drawing out Into the light All the beautiful belongings That no one else had looked Quite far enough to find.
I love you because you Are helping me to make Of the lumber of my life Not a tavern But a temple; Out of the works Of my every day Not a reproach But a song.
I love you Because you have done More than any creed Could have done To make me good And more than any fate Could have done To make me happy. You have done it Without a touch, Without a word, Without a sign. You have done it By being yourself. Perhaps that is what Being a friend means, After all.”
Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving colonge and they sniff each other