Life is obstinate and clings closest where it is most hated.Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person or cause.
- I grew up in Baltimore and that's why I root for the Orioles. I'm very suspicious of people who move and take on a new team. You should stick with the team of your youth all the way to your grave. That shows a sense of loyalty and devotion.
- When we are debating an issue, loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I'll like it or not. Disagreement, at this stage, stimulates me. But once a decision has been made, the debate ends. From that point on, loyalty means executing the decision as if it were your own.”
- He will only be gone from the school when none are loyal to him.
- Harry, in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by JK Rowling
- Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.
- The bonds of loyalty can tie one to the grave.
- Grave Pact
- I only regret that I have but one life to give my country.
- Nathan Hale