Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is an Australian post-apocalyptic action thriller film from 1981 directed by Australian director George Miller, this sequel to Miller's 1979 film Mad Max was a worldwide box office success that launched the career of lead actor Mel Gibson.
- I'm just here for the gasoline.
- Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me.
Feral Kid (adult)
- My life fades... the vision dims... all that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land. And most of all, I remember the Road Warrior. The man we called Max. To understand who it was, we have to go back to another time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the deserts spread great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel they were nothing. They had built a house of straw. The thundering machines spotted and stopped. Their leaders talked... and talked... and talked. But nothing could stand the avalanche. Their world crumbled, the cities exploded... Whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear... Men began to feed on men...On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took off the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, all normal men were battered and smacked. Men like Max... The Warrior Max... in the roar of an engine he lost everything... and became a shell of a man,... a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the devils of his past. A man that wandered out into the Wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again.
The Gyro Captain
- Reflexes, that's what you've got! Me, I've got brains.
- Lingerie. Oh, remember lingerie?
- No! It's *my* snake, I trained it, I'm going to eat it! I got a recipe for snake. Delicious. Fricassee of reptile. You are what you eat.
- They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. STUPID, maybe. But not a coward.
- [regarding Max's gun] Empty! All this time! [pause] That's dishonest! Low!
- What is it with you, huh? What are you looking for? C'mon, Max, everybody's looking for something. You're happy out there, are you? Eh? Wandering? One day blurring into another? You're a scavenger, Max. You're a maggot. Did you know that? You're living off the corpse of the old world. Tell me your story, Max. C'mon. Tell me your story. What burned you out, huh? Kill one man too many? See too many people die? Lose some family? [Max turns to Pappagallo and gives him an angry glare] Oh, so that's it, you lost your family? That makes you something special, does it?