Malcolm X (film)
Self-will so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on.Richard Cecil
- Malcolm X: We had the best organization a black man's ever had. Niggers ruined it.
- Baines: A man curses because he doesn't have the words to say what's on his mind.
- [Witnessing Malcolm's control over a mob]
- Captain Green: That's too much power for one man to have.
- Elijah Muhammad: You will be on the public eye. Beware on them cameras. Oh, them cameras are bad as any narcotic.
- Malcolm X: The only thing I like intergrated is my coffee.
- Rudy: I'm half wop, I'm half nigger. I not afraid of nobody.
- Malcolm X: We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us!
- Eulogy Performer: Here - at this final hour, in this quiet place - Harlem has come to bid farewell to one of its brightest hopes - extinguished now, and gone from us forever. For Harlem is where he worked and and where he struggled and fought - his home of homes, where his heart is, and where his people are - and it is, therefore, most fitting that we meet once again - in Harlem - to share these last moments with him. For Harlem has ever been gracious to those who have loved her, have fought her, and have defended her honor ever to the death.
- Malcolm X: Cats that hung out together trying to find a solution found nothing. Cats that might have proved space or cured cancer, West Indian Archie might have been a mathematical genius... but we were all victims of the American social order.
- Denzel Washington - Malcolm X
- Angela Bassett - Betty Shabazz
- Albert Hall - Baines
- Al Freeman, Jr. - Elijah Muhammad
- Delroy Lindo - West Indian Archie
- Spike Lee - Shorty
- Theresa Randle - Laura
- Kate Vernon - Sophia
- Lonette McKee - Louise Little
- Tommy Hollis - Earl Little