Life is supposed to get tough.Kelsey Grammer
- "Im basically tired of doing what I have been doing for the last 10 years. My interest level was dipping. I was doing a fairly good job, when compared to others. The standards I have set for myself are higher. When I watched the Broadway show Miss Saigon, I was ashamed of being called an actress. The leading lady's performance was outstanding. I was ashamed that I am in the same profession but could not touch those heights."
- "People appreciating my performance is good enough for me. I don't care much for awards and have never given it much thought. And anyway, I can't play the games people play to win awards."
- "I can't play chulbuli roles all over again. Give me roles like I had in Company and Escape from Taliban and I will happily do them. I came from nowhere, made a mark. I am happy. Looking back there are no regrets."
- I won't do decorative roles even if they are a part of hit films.
- In Nepal, where I come from, people die for their beliefs. I can never compromise on my principles. I can't play games to get roles.
- I guess being an extremist proves harmful and that's why my relationships haven't lasted.
- I wish I could be like other actresses who claim they haven't kissed even at the age of 27!
- I can't see myself changing nappies and cooking dinner for too long. I'm too independent to live off a man's earnings.
- I refuse to be a doormat to any man. I will never allow anyone to push me around. I am my own mistress.
- "Not only is it a film that sears my heart each time I see it, but Masoom is also my all-time favourite movie. I remember I cried bitterly the first time I saw the film. I guess I could empathise with the little boy because I was equally young at the time. Jugal Hansraj looked so innocent and helpless; he always managed to touch my heart... He had this halting and unsure speech. Each time he wanted to say something, he wasn't really sure whether he should. His tone always conveyed more than words". (On film that always made her cry).
- "Listen, I have made mistakes in the past. I have rubbed people the wrong way. I have always gravitated towards the wrong men. But its okay, given a chance, I'll live my life all over again."