Manmohan Singh (Punjabi: ਮਨਮੋਹਨ ਸਿੰਘ) (born 1932-09-26) is the 17th and current Prime Minister of India. Singh, a member of the Indian National Congress party, became the first Sikh Prime Minister of India on May 22, 2004.
- Jawaharlal Nehru wanted India to develop close ties with Japan and learn from its experience.
- As the largest and most developed democracies of Asia (India and Japan), we have a mutual stake in each other’s progress and prosperity.
- Prime Minister's speech to the Japanese diet, Embassy of India in Japan (2006-12-14)
- We will have to devise innovative plans to ensure that minorities, particularly the Muslim minority, are empowered to share equitably in the fruits of development. They must have the first claim on resources.
- I could not sleep thinking about Hanif.
- Rahul Gandhi is the future of you people.
- While addressing a rally in Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
- India happens to be a rich country inhabited by very poor people.
- Life is never free of contradictions.
- Together with international unity and resolve we can meet the challenge of this global scourge and work to bring about an international law of zero tolerance for terrorism.
- We are a coalition government, and that limits our options in some ways. Privatization happens to be one such area.
- We need bipolar democracy like United States. Multiparty system has its own disadvantages.
- In this increasingly interdependent world in which we live in we have an obligation to explore areas of convergence.
- By appointing me as Prime Minister of India, Soniyaji has proved her sacrifice. I will continue to work on her footsteps.