Be aware that young people have to be able to make their own mistakes and that times change.Gina Shapira
Martin Luciano Scorsese (born November 17, 1942) is an acclaimed American film director.
- There is no such thing as pointless violence. City of God, is that pointless violence? It's reality, it's real life, it has to do with the human condition. Being involved in Christianity and Catholicism when I was very young, you have that innocence, the teachings of Christ. Deep down you want to think that people are really good - but the reality outweighs that.
- Scorsese: No Such Thing As Pointless Violence, WENN 10 October 2004.
- Anything with a ball, no good.
- On sports
- Because of the movies I make, people get nervous, because they think of me as difficult and angry. I am difficult and angry, but they don't expect a sense of humor. And the only thing that gets me through is a sense of humor.
- Bob wanted to make this film. Not me. I don't understand anything about boxing. For me, it's like a physical game of chess.
- Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out.
- It seems to me that any sensible person must see that violence does not change the world and if it does, then only temporarily.
- The only person who has the right attitude about boxing in the movies for me was Buster Keaton.
- "Could you double-check the envelope?" [beginning of his Oscar acceptance speech for The Departed]